Record separate PayPal fee

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Record separate PayPal fee

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Purves
    Participant

I just purchased Event Tickets Plus and am using it in combination with Event Calendar, Event Tickets and WooCommerce. Is there a way I can separately charge a ticket fee when customer chooses PayPal gateway using the products I have or do I need the Community Tickets add-on? The site this is for is pretty simple, so I’m not able to justify adding the Community Tickets add-on to my client, but that seems to be the only feature my client is missing.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Ryan Purves.
    Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan!

Thanks for reaching out to us! Let me try to help you with this topic.

Unfortunately, there is no built in way to use the split payments feature with Event Tickets Plus. Like you say, our Community Tickets plugin does have that feature available.

I know there are some third party plugins that might be able to solve your specific need by extending the WooCommerce functionality.

I’m not sure exactly the functionality you are looking for, but you might want to check this plugin’s documentation > https://woocommerce.com/products/paypal-adaptive-payments/ and see if it’s suitable for your needs.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have other questions.

Best,
    Victor

Ryan Purves
    Participant

Hi Victor, thanks for the response. I’d like to clarify my need just in case I wasn’t clear.

My client wants the experience set it up so when a customer buys tickets for an event it shows the ticket cost as $80. The customer can choose to pay via PayPal or check. If the customer chooses PayPal it shows a $5 fee, if they choose to pay by check it just costs $80.

I don’t need the payment to be split to multiple sources, just increase if paid through a certain payment gateway and, if possible, displayed separately. Is this possible through Event Tickets Plus without Community Tickets?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan!

Sorry I misunderstood that, and thanks for clarifying.

Let me note that our Community Tickets plugin does not have that functionality.

Ticket payments are all handled by the e-commerce plugin you use. If you use WooCommerce I found this plugin that allows to include a fee to each payment gateway > https://woocommerce.com/products/payment-gateway-based-fees/.

Bear in mind, we haven’t tested that plugin ourselves so be sure to read it’s documentation or test it our first to see if it fits your exact need.

Is there anything else I can help you with? let me know.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Record separate PayPal fee’ is closed to new replies.