Recommended WordPress themes and customization work – Hire professional

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Recommended WordPress themes and customization work – Hire professional

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    rudiclausen
    Participant

Hi, Currently using the events calendar pro on http://www.instavanger.no and would like to expand layout and functionality into the next level with events being a beautiful front-end feed on the website (new theme if needed) – AND also would like to know if it is possible to import the “buy tickets” element / button is not imported when importing facebook-events.

I’ve trained many venues on how to use facebook for publishing – but putting the ticket link as part of the event text seems meaningless if we rather could import directly to a button on the website.
    So, would like the frontpage to look something like this: http://demo.toko.press/eventica-tecpro/events/photo/ –> but grid with 3 events and when you hit an event, you would get the purchase button as well 🙂

Best Regards,
    Rudi Clausen

Geoff

Hi Rudy,

Thanks a bunch for writing in!

Sorry, I’m not quite following your question–will you please elaborate on it for me? I’m having a tough time telling if you are looking for a theme recommendation that has the layout you’re describing, or if you are looking to customize the Photo View layout. Or perhaps you’re asking for something different altogether. 🙂

Either way, please let me know and I’d be happy to answer your questions as best I can.

Cheers!
    Geoff

rudiclausen
    Participant

hi again Geoff – I have a renewed licence key of the facebook importer, but just getting error message:

This Page Cannot Be Displayed
    The system cannot communicate with the external server ( http://www.instavanger.no ). The Internet server may be busy, may be permanently down, or may be unreachable because of network problems.
    Please check the spelling of the Internet address entered. If it is correct, try this request later.
    If you have questions, please contact your organization’s network administrator and provide the codes shown below.
    Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 07:30:43 GMT
    Username:
    Source IP: 192.168.245.247
    URL: GET http://www.instavanger.no/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events&page=events-importer&tab=facebook
    Category: Reference
    Reason: UNKNOWN
    Notification: GATEWAY_TIMEOUT

our website is: http://www.instavangerno can you please inform me what this can be – had my technician on the case, but they claim it is an error with your plugin.
    Best Regards,
    Rudi

Geoff

Hi Rudi,

Happy to help here — in the future, will you please open a new thread for unrelated questions? It helps keep the conversation on track and easier to follow. 🙂

It looks like a gateway timeout occurred. In most cases, that is either a server or hosting issue because one or the other needs to allocate more memory to PHP to facilitate the request. I would suggest trying to increase that memory (more on this in the WordPress Codex) and, if that fails, request that your host increase the memory on that end.

Let’s try that route as a first and second course of action and continue troubleshooting from there if we continue to see an issue.

Thanks!
    Geoff

rudiclausen
    Participant

Hi again Geoff,
    Not sure what is happening here, but dont think its a memory issue. Basically I’ve added the facebook secret and App id, but the list of facebook-pages and “add” facebook pages has disappeared completelety in the backend. Please suggest to me how you can get access to my site and check what is going on – all license keys + facebook-id etc. is ok.

Rudi

rudiclausen
    Participant

Now receiving this message when trying to fetch:
    Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Backend fetch failed

Guru Meditation:

XID: 274628701

Varnish cache server

Geoff

Hi Rudy,

Do you mean that the Facebook import option is not available at all? Do you see it if you head to Events > Import > Facebook (screenshot)?

Thanks!
    Geoff

rudiclausen
    Participant

Hi again Geoff – I can open the IMPORT SETTINGS and CSV tab, but it doesnt let me open the Facebook tab at all – it just loads for a very long time and ends up with this message:
    Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Backend fetch failed

Guru Meditation:

XID: 274628701

Varnish cache server

Under the settings page, all previous added Facebook pages are showing up as normal

Geoff

Hi Rudi,

Thanks for the extra info — that helps a lot!

503 errors are indeed often the result of PHP memory issues on the server or host end of things. Let’s go with the path I suggested in my previous reply and go from there.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Recommended WordPress themes and customization work – Hire professional’ is closed to new replies.