recently viewed products widget doesn't work with tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus recently viewed products widget doesn't work with tickets

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    xg5tat
    Participant

Hello. I’ve added the woocommerce “recently viewed products” widget to my sidebar.

It works with woocommerce products that aren’t wootickets. It doesn’t work with woocommerce products that are wootickets.

How do I make it work with wootickets?

Barry

By default ticket products have their catalog visibility turned off – you can change that though by editing the ticket in the WooCommerce product editor (and changing the catalog visiblity setting).

Does that help with this issue?

xg5tat
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. Actually, no, it doesn’t.

http://cinemapurgatorio.com/tickets/low-movie-how-to-quit-smoking-in-los-angeles-california

This is set as visible “catalog/search.” It doesn’t add to the widget.

Compare: http://cinemapurgatorio.com/product/daylight-dvd-2

Barry

OK. I’m unfamiliar with how that widget works, but it may be that it only counts impressions on the ‘actual’ product page, not the event/ticket page.

xg5tat
    Participant

In /wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=product, I click on the “view” link underneath the particular product. That doesn’t change the visibility of the product. That doesn’t change anything.

FYI I believe the widget comes with the standard woocommerce install, so I suspect you will hear more of this.

Barry

What I mean is – generally tickets (created with WooTickets) are viewed on events pages, whereas other non-ticket products are viewed on individual product pages.

It may be that only views taking place on individual product pages are counted for the purposes of the “Recently Viewed” widget (in which case that would generally exclude tickets).

xg5tat
    Participant

Thanks. Is there an easy way that wouldn’t break anything else to force tickets to be classified the same way?

Barry

I can’t think of any, I’m afraid. It’s certainly something we could consider adding to a future version though – if you haven’t already done so, why not check out our UserVoice page.

If someone has already noted this and requested it for a future release you could add your support – or just create a new request of your own 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘recently viewed products widget doesn't work with tickets’ is closed to new replies.