reCaptcha settings being deleted when anonymous submission enabled

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events reCaptcha settings being deleted when anonymous submission enabled

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kevin
    Participant

Steps to recreate:
    1) Events > Settings > API > Enter reCAPTCHA API keys
    2) Events > Settings > Community > check Allow anonymous submissions
    3) Now go back to the APIs tab. The reCAPTCHA keys are gone and there is no reCAPTCHA appearing on the submission form.

These settings seem to be mutually exclusive. If I check allow anonymous submissions, it deletes the reCAPTCHA keys. If I enter the reCAPTCHA keys, it disables “allow anonymous submissions”.

We are running multisite with a subfolder install of WordPress.

Cliff

Very interesting because reCAPTCHA only applies for Anonymous Submissions. If someone is logged in, reCAPTCHA won’t appear.

I wasn’t able to replicate this on my single site. Are you able to replicate this on any other site, whether multisite or not?

Kevin
    Participant

This has nothing to do with where reCAPTCHA appears. I know that it doesn’t appear for logged in users and is for anonymous submissions. The bug I’m seeing is related to settings and the persistence, or lack thereof, of those settings. Settings can be stored differently on multisite, so you may need multisite to see this.

Steps to recreate
    1) Events > Settings > Community > Checck allow anonymous submissions > save changes
    2) Events > Settings > APIs > enter reCAPTCH site and secret key > save changes
    3) Return to Events > Settings > Community. Notice that “allow anonymous submissions” is unchecked.

The act of saving reCAPTCHA keys removes the anonymous submission setting. The act of saving anonymous submission removes the reCAPTCHA keys.

Cliff

I understood what you were saying but was thinking out loud that it’s oddly coincidental since these 2 fields require each other.

I spun up a subdomain multisite and was able to recreate both issues there so I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Kevin!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 24 July 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-24-july-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘reCaptcha settings being deleted when anonymous submission enabled’ is closed to new replies.