Reaccuring events not showing up after the first day for mini calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Reaccuring events not showing up after the first day for mini calendar

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Guy
    Participant

Hello,

I wonder if you I could get some help on this, I have nearly finished building a website for a client which is a Theatre company which we are using your Events Calendar plugin plus addons for the main part and function of the website.

They wanted a small month calendar on the homepage so I used your ‘mini calendar’ shortcode which works almost perfectly however unlike with the main month calendar is doesn’t show the reaccuring event after the first day, so once the first day passes it doesn’t show that the event is on lets say two days later even though it is.

I am not sure if this is a bug you weren’t aware of or I have messed something up in the setup, I do however know my Events Calendar PRO version is out of date (running Version 4.3.3) which could be causing the problem if you have fixed that issue recently?

If you haven’t could you offer a solution for this please!

Kind Regards

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Guy!

Thanks for reaching out to us! 🙂 Let me help you with that.

As a first step, could you please make sure the Recurring event instances is not checked?, as this the setting that will indicate whether to show or hide the recurring instances. Learn more about it here > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/pro-recurring-events/#display

If that setting is unchecked, and the mini calendar still doesn’t show the recurring instances for a recurring event, then that is an issue as not the expected behaviour. If this is the case, are you making any sort of customization to the mini calendar templates? What is the exact shortcode you are using to show the mini calendar.

Also, could you please point us to one of those recurring events that should be showing?

Let us know about this.

Thanks,
    Victor

Guy
    Participant

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your help on this!

I have checked the ticked box you mentioned and it isn’t ticket.

I have attached a screen shot of the short code in use on my homepage template.

Regarding an event that isn’t showing other than the first day is ‘The Zookeeper’s Wife (12A)’ It started on the 12th and is on today on the 18th + somedays in between and not showing. However if you look on the ‘Whats On’ page you will see that the other days are showing up on the main month calendar!

Also it is probably worth it to mention I have only made CSS changes to the ‘Mini Calendar’ form, I have not duplicated the template and made any changes to it!

Many thanks

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Guy!

Thanks for coming back with all the info I asked!

I will ask you to try the following. Create a new page in the WP admin, paste the same shortcode in the content and then save it. Does it show the recurring events there?

Let me know about it.

Thanks,
    Victor

Guy
    Participant

Hi Victor,

No problem at all.

I have given that a try and it is still giving the same problem, the recurring events aren’t showing like on the homepage, here is the link: http://malverntheatres.modusdev.co.uk/mini-calendar-test/

Let me know if you need any more information!

Many thanks

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Guy!

Thanks for testing that out!

It is strange this is happening. Could you please update to the latest versions of our plugins? I know there has been some fixes and tweaks with recurring events in the last couple of releases, so while not entirely sure this will fix it, we always recommend you use the latest versions.

If updating does not solve the issue, the it could be related to a plugin or theme conflict. I see you have tried the following:

• Deactivated all other plugins? Yes
    • Switched to a default theme? Yes

But just to confirm, did you happen to notice a difference when deactivating all other plugins or switching to a default WordPress theme, like Twenty Seventeen? What happens if you try deactivating all plugins and switching to the Twenty Seventeen theme together? Do you notice a difference then?

If you see no difference in those conditions, then we’ll need to do some deeper troubleshooting.

Let me know how that goes.

Best,
    Victor

Guy
    Participant

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the tips. I have just tried again to deactivate all the plugins and then also use one of the WordPress default templates but still no luck with that. Even on the mini calendar test page I have created.

I could update the main plugin but I can’t update PRO as I need to renew my license, which I don’t have the funds for at the moment, would this really be the problem?

I could give you ftp and WordPress access so that you can have a deeper look into things?

As this is a development version that is backed up daily so it would be fine for you to test.

Kind regards

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Guy!

Thanks for retesting all that and for following up on this.

Having a closer look at your system settings, I can see you are also on an older version of WordPress (4.6.6), so before going any further, could you please update to the latest version and let me know if anything changes?

Thanks,
    Victor

Guy
    Participant

Hi Victor,

I have just updated the website to the newest version and unfortunately it hasn’t made a change to our issue currently!

I am just unsure what the issue is!

Many thanks

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Guy!

Thanks for trying that out and for following up on this.

I’m really sorry you are still experiencing this issue. I know how frustrating this can be.

I understand you may not have the funds to renew your license right now, but we highly encourage you to update Events Calendar Pro when you can. Older versions contain bugs that were subsequently fixed in later versions, plus there’s an increased chance of them not meshing with other, more up-to-date plugins of ours.

I tried to reproduce the issue you are having by creating my own local installation with the same plugin versions you have and failed to do so. So this tells me there might be something particular in your site that is rather hard to find.

I will kindly ask you to create a test site in a sub-directory with only our plugins and using a default theme like twentyseventeen. In there, can you replicate the issue? Let us know about this.

Thanks,
    Victor

Guy
    Participant

Hi Victor,

Yes I completely understand that, my client would be happy to pay for the licence to update the plugin which I think comes to around $269 if this would fix the issue, but seeing as we don’t know or believe that this being out of date is causing the problem its hard to warrant that.

I just tried uninstalling the events calendar pro plugin and installing a brand new one from my files which is a different version number 4.1.2 still with no luck.

It just seems very strange why its specifically not working with the mini calendar, but it is working with the main events calendar on the events page.

I have done what you asked for setting up a new installation with just events calendar pro and the events calendar plugin using the twentyseventeen theme and I am still getting the same issue if you view this link: http://malverntest.modusdev.co.uk/mini-calendar-page/ As you can see once you first access the page you can see all the recurring event days as a list as that is the only event on currently and it even dots the days the event is on but it doesn’t show up underneath when you click on the days after the first day. So this is the exact same issue with a fresh installation.

Hopefully you have a solution for this!

Many thanks

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Guy!

Thanks for coming back. We really appreciate you following up on this and making all the tests.

After a few other tests, I managed to reproduce the issue in my own installation. It is indeed a strange issue which seems to only happen under certain settings and only with all day recurring events.

I can see that the recurring events your are setting are all day events, can you confirm this? If so, could you please try editing those events and make them be at a certain time and not all day? Does this solve the issue? Please let me know about it.

Thanks,
    Victor

Guy
    Participant

Or will this be something that will be fixed for the upcoming update? My client is willing to buy a personal licence just for that one website which is $89 to solve this issue. I realised the licence I was looking at renewing would renew support for a lot of our older websites and far more licences than needed. So I would just get a personal licence for this one client if thats possible?

Many thanks

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Guy!

After reproducing the issue, I updated to the most recent versions of our plugins and could not reproduce, so this was already fixed in one the releases after 4.3.3.

Sure! You can get a personal license for your client so he gets the latest updates and support for them.

I’d assume you could solve the issue by setting a start time for the event instead of making them all day, but don’t hesitate to ask any other questions and we’d be happy to help.

Best!
    Victor

Guy
    Participant

Hi Victor,

Oh thats great so it is already resolved then brilliant.

Okay fantastic I will discuss with my client the option of paying for that and updating it.

Yes that does solve it! I have already spoken to my client and they are fine with that solution currently but its something to keep in mind for the future if they must have all day recurring events.

Thanks very much for your help with this and helping me workout what the issue actually was.

Best!
    Guy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Reaccuring events not showing up after the first day for mini calendar’ is closed to new replies.