Re-ordering/Removing fields from Community form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Re-ordering/Removing fields from Community form

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ostii
    Participant

I am in a situation where I need to re-arrange and even sometimes remove elements from the Community event form. Is this possible without changing any core code currently?

Joyce Grace

Hello Ben,

I’m not sure exactly which elements you are talking about, but I’m pretty sure you are going to need to do some custom coding.

You will definitely need to check out our Themer’s guide to learn how to change this. It is important to set up your changes in your theme folder to protect against future updates (otherwise you could lose your changes when we release new versions).

Here is the link: https://theeventscalendar.com/themers-guide-to-the-events-calendar/

Let me know if this helps lead you in the right direction or if perhaps you have a specific thing you’re trying to do that is not found in our settings area that maybe I can help provide a better answer for.

Thanks!

ostii
    Participant

That is sort of what I am looking for. I want to be able to control the form elements themselves when an event is added/edited.
    There is an event-form.php and event-meta.php file in the community views folder, however the event-form.php file does not contain the full form, otherwise I would move elements around in there. What I am hoping to find is an array of elements I can play with, but it does not look like that is happening.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Ben,

All of the Community Events template views in /wp-content/plugins/events-community/views are editable but yes they are a little scattered around. If you want to change anything around you’re going to want to look at those files and play around with things.

I hope that helps!

– Jonah

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Re-ordering/Removing fields from Community form’ is closed to new replies.