re-occurring events calendar with mailchimp + paypal. Does your product do this?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions re-occurring events calendar with mailchimp + paypal. Does your product do this?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    yume

Not sure who marked the question as correct, I didn’t. So I’m re-opening the question.

Yes, I work with a non-profit. I will look at your application, it’s 501c 3, yes.

I run a non-profit and we are looking for events that has Mailchimp + Paypal integration.

You had asked Geoff what I need in terms of features? I guess not sure why that’s not clear… Mailchimp integration would allow us to tie in Mailchimp lists by capturing the leads by those who sign-up for paid events (using PayPal). I don’t understand why a robust event calendar would not integrate Mailchimp, (or Constant Contact, Get Response, or something of the like) so it can manage the email lists captured by those who sign up and pay for events. I am actually surprised this tool would not offer this.

We need to do email capture and integrating with our email marketing makes sense to pay for an add-on as a value of your event tool. I would highly suggest if you don’t have this integration (with email integration) to plan for it in a release.

Thanks!

George
    Participant

Hey @yume,

Thanks for reaching out to use here – I’m a bit uncertain of the purpose of your ticket though. In the first half you seem to be asking for some features, but then said this:

I am actually surprised this tool would not offer this.

So, to be clear, have you already evaluated our product lineup and determined that our plugins don’t do what you need?

I only ask because if this is not the case, and you do indeed still have questions, let us know in some more detail.

Our plugins don’t have specific integration with email apps like MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc., especially not “out of the box”, but our plugins are highly customizable and these sort of customizations are technically possible. And you may be able to find other plugins online that, in conjunction with our own plugins would meet your mailing-list needs well. We don’t have any specific ones to recommend, as there are many out there, but such integration is possible for sure.

Let us know if the information I provided here is helpful at all.

Thank you!

George

yume

George, there was another thread from another ticket that got marked closed — which I didn’t do. So I had to re-open another ticket (this thread) and the person who I was previously talking with was named Geoff. Okay, does this explain more?

And in that thread is where he never really answered my question because he asked what do I want the feature to do. Which is why I was like, hmmm — ok, I will explain, then — I want the product to integrate with Mailchimp so anyone who buys and event is also on my email list. Some plugins do that by using the API key.

So to re-confirm again, because I feel this topic keeps going round and round, but I’m just trying to find out:

1 – Does your product wintegrate with MailChimp (as in with an API key) – Yes or No
    2 – Does your product integrate with PayPal to handle Event payments – Yes or No

Thank You

George
    Participant

Hey Yume,

Thanks for elaborating on some things here – I’ll answer both of your questions at once:

I want the product to integrate with Mailchimp so anyone who buys and event is also on my email list.

Does your product integrate with PayPal to handle Event payments – Yes or No

The reason I can answer both questions with one answer is that both of the features you are asking for here are not handled by The Events Calendar itself.

The Events Calendar does one thing and does it supremely well: it makes an Events Calendar on your website.

For payments, you need one of our ticketing add-ons. Now, here comes the answer to your questions: it is your choice of ticketing add-on that will enable these features you’re looking for or not, since our ticketing add-ons just integrate with the eCommerce platform they’re named in line with.

If this sounds confusing, let me explain:

If you buy our WooTickets add-on, it integrates with the WooCommerce eCommerce plugin. So for Mailchimp integration, you need to integrate Mailchimp not with The Events Calendar, but with WooCommerce itself. If you investigate this, it does seem that, yes, WooCommerce itself has add-ons that enable you to add users to MailChimp upon checkout – we don’t endorse or support any specific add-ons for WooCommerce, but here’s an example of one that I found from a quick Google search → https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-mailchimp/

As for PayPal, yes, WooCommerce (and most if not all eCommerce plugins that we have Ticketing add-ons for) has full support for PayPal out-of-the-box. If it’s not the type of Paypal support you want, or you want to use other payment gateways too, then check out the “Payment Gateways” section of the WooCommerce Extensions page here → http://www.woothemes.com/product-category/woocommerce-extensions/

I hope this information helps clarify things a bit – let us know if that’s the case. You should be able to explore all the various eCommerce platforms available for our ticketing add-ons and find the one that has the extensions that are right for you. WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads are the most popular, if that helps at all…

Cheers!
    George

yume

I found another product that just does both built in and I can just not have to do all the extra stuff. Thank you again for your responses.

George
    Participant

Thanks for the update Yume! Best of luck with your project.

Cheers,
    George

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘re-occurring events calendar with mailchimp + paypal. Does your product do this?’ is closed to new replies.