RE: 4.4.4 Updates caused List View to show only one old event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO RE: 4.4.4 Updates caused List View to show only one old event

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Annette
    Participant

Hi,
    I finally got a reply back from AIT Themes about their City Guide theme problem with The Events Calendar. See the closed support post at https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/4-4-4-updates-caused-list-view-to-show-only-one-old-event/. It says
    “Your 4.4.4 Updates caused my List View to show only one past event. I tried all views with the same results. I switched to the 2014 theme and The Events Calendar PRO came back up correctly. I updated my AIT City Guide theme with no luck. I don’t have time to troubleshoot right now so I restored a backup from yesterday. I will let AIT know that there is a conflict but their reply is ALWAYS “We can’t be compatible with every plugin.”
    I hope there is something in your latest update that can be fixed so it will work with AIT City Guide theme. You guys are much more proactive than they are. I absolutely cannot change themes. Our entire website requires the directory system to run.”

AIT Themes replied as I expected
    “Sorry, but there is no chance to support this plugin at this moment.
    May be in future… I will write this feature on our todo list. Thanks for understanding.”

In your reply to my post you said:
    “The best thing we can do from our end is to at least try and take a look at your theme’s code to see if we can spot the problem. We cannot offer support for products we do not make, and so I cannot guarantee any sort of useful outcome of this; but I am happy to take a look and see if, in a half hour or so of testing and debugging, I can spot the problem and recommend a temporary fix.”

Is there any way you would do that for me? I would be happy to pay you. There have been several updates of both TEC and the AIT City Guide theme since I posted the original question. It still causes the same error. If I don’t update the TEC plugin will it cause any problems such as hacker vulnerabilities?
    Thanks so much. Our calendar is amazing thanks to The Events Calendar!
    Ann

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Ann!

Thanks so much for your kind words! 🙂

I’m really sorry to hear about your theme author’s not trying to fix this incompatibility issue with our plugins. 🙁

Like George said in the other thread, you could “…upload your theme to a file-sharing site like CloudUp, DropBox, Google Drive, etc., and share a public download link to that theme here with us…”

Just to set expectations right, we cannot guarantee any sort of successful outcome of this, but I’d be happy to take a look and see if I can spot the problem and offer a fix for it.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘RE: 4.4.4 Updates caused List View to show only one old event’ is closed to new replies.