Rating an event option

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Rating an event option

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Monica Filos
    Participant

Hi there smart people,

The events calendar comes with the option of providing space for the viewers to add comments which is nice, but I would like my viewers to also be able to rate an event… for example, like you rate a movie or a product in Amazon? with 5 stars perhaps? is there a way to do that?

I tried additional fields but that allows me to provide additional information to them but doesnt allow me to present a field from which they can select an answer for me to collect.

Regards,

Monique

George
    Participant

Hey Monique,

Thanks for reaching out!

There is unfortunately no out-of-the-box support for a “ratings” feature of the type you describe. 🙁 I’m sorry to bear this news!

You may be able to pull this off by using another plugin that specifically provides “ratings” on custom post types, though. I do not know of any specific plugin out there that has special integration with Events, but you should be able to find some good free options by searching for “ratings” on the WordPress.org plugins repo → https://wordpress.org/plugins/search.php?q=ratings

☝️ Look for plugins with high ratings and a large number of users — these are usually high-quality and you may find a great solution this way.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if there are any other issues or questions I can try to help with.

Sincerely,
    George

Monica Filos
    Participant

Hi George, thank you for your response. I will search for such plugins. In the meantime, and since you offered to help with any other need, I have translated both PO/MOs so my calendar is in Spanish and works well except for one translation that I dont know where is coming from since I have searched and replaced the word “All” everywhere and still I get it on the list view as per the image attached. Could you please tell me where should I go looking for that one? Notice that is half translated… All is in English and Eventos is in Spanish.

George
    Participant

Hey Monica,

Thanks for your followup. Translations are run on wordpress.org directly, and are community-submitted, so if you are missing words or the translations are incomplete, it may be a problem with the translation files on WordPress.org directly.

It looks like the Spanish translation for The Events Calendar is indeed in need of some more contributions → https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/the-events-calendar

You can submit translations by logging into WordPress.org and submitting contributions for review—if approved, the translation files will be updated, and then the next time you download them they should therefore be more complete.

You can learn more about this whole process here: https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/handbook/

Sincerely,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Rating an event option’ is closed to new replies.