Quick questions

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Quick questions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sblair
    Participant

So I seek a basic calendar so I can print it out with a pdf program I use. Basically accommodating internet savy and non internet savy people. THis is used in a non-profit org.

The original goal was to have a password protect area for ‘members’ events and then a public calendar for all others.
    Lastly have a event page for people to ‘buy’ tickets.

SO the only way I saw was to password protect a WP page then add the code:
    [tribe_events view=”month”]
    By doing this the user after he enters the WP page PW, can see the complete calendar.

Where as public people use this:
    Public events:
    [tribe_events view=”month” category=”public”]

But I need to be able to ‘view’ and ‘print’ this calendar basic without anything above or below the ‘calendar’ so that I can ‘physically’ print it. The events shouldnt even show up as html if possible just the title.

Attached is the pdf of how the calendar looks when i print it now:

I dont know if you have a better way for me to handl;e the private and public events.

Also:
    How do I make it DEFAULT the following:

Make these UNCHECKED STANDARD:
    Show Google Map:
    Show Google Maps Link:
    Allow comments

Then can I create templates for example for ‘certain’ staff to be able to only add events with pre checked off events categories?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Steven!

Thanks for getting in touch with us! Let me try to help you out with your questions.

First, let me share with you the following CSS snippet you can try that will add some styles to the month view that will make it more print friendly:

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/edec7dff1e2d92333682759d0b8de7de

In regards to the members only calendar, we have a pretty good article that gives an overview of two other ways you can achieve that > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/making-members-calendar/

As for the default values of “Show Google Map”, “Show Google Maps Link” and “Allow comments” options, there is no built-in setting to modify it. It may be possible but would require some custom coding.

Then can I create templates for example for ‘certain’ staff to be able to only add events with pre checked off events categories?

This is also not possible out of the box with our plugins. Again, it’s possible you could achieve that with some customization.

I hope that helps. Let me know if any follow up questions.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Quick questions’ is closed to new replies.