Questions on upcoming release of TEC and Event Rocket

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Questions on upcoming release of TEC and Event Rocket

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    screenrage
    Participant

Right now I’m using Event Rocket to make up for some major shortcomings of TEC; mainly the ability to place the main events page on the front page of my site. Per below message posted by Barry on WP.ORG support for Event Rocket will be discontinued with the next major release of TEC:

“Please note that in order to stay in step with wider forthcoming changes in The Events Calendar itself, it’s quite likely that Event Rocket will – as of its next release – drop support for versions 3.9.1 and earlier of The Events Calendar/Events Calendar PRO. Please bear this in mind before you next upgrade Event Rocket.”

So my questions are:

1) are you implementing all of the Event Rocket “fixes/enhancements” into TEC going forward? I don’t want a server config change to be able to redirect TEC to the front page of my site. I like the current solution provided by Event Rocket.

2) The other issue is the Google Maps coordinates feature that Event Rocket adds. I find this functionality a must have as I have many Venues that are not correctly placed on the map by Google and with Event Rocket I can make these adjustments manually when needed. Again, will this feature be added to TEC going forward as Event Rocket is being discontinued?

When I refer to future version of TEC I’m talking about the next major release slated for next month. If these items will not become part of the core TEC (next month’s release) I will be super disappointed.

Perhaps you can allow Event Rocket to be backwards compatible if you don’t plan on making these enhancements in the next release.

thanks
    SC

Geoff

Hi there, Jake and thanks for reaching out!

These are indeed excellent questions. The good news is that Event Rocket is good to go for the foreseeable future. Or, to quote Barry himself, “rumours of Event Rocket’s demise have been greatly exaggerated.” πŸ™‚

To clarify his point a bit, that notice on the Event Rocket plugin site is suggesting that the next version of the plugin will drop support forΒ earlier versions of The Events Calendar. The current version of Event Rocket will continue to support earlier versions of The Events Calendar (version 3.9.1 and earlier) and the next version of Event Rocket will be more compatible with upcoming versions of The Events Calendar (e.g. 3.10.0 and above).

In other words, same functionality, same homepage redirect, same map coordinates–just supporting newer versions of The Events Calendar. πŸ™‚

Does this help clarify things a bit? Please let me know.

Cheers!
    Geoff

screenrage
    Participant

Great! That is what I was looking for. Thanks Geoff.

Geoff

Awesome and my pleasure! I’m so glad this helped out and I was able to deliver some good news. πŸ™‚

I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but feel free to hit us up with a new one if any other questions pop up.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Questions on upcoming release of TEC and Event Rocket’ is closed to new replies.