Questions on "Near" field and themes

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Questions on "Near" field and themes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mark

I’m considering your Events Pro product, and have a couple questions:

1. The geographical area of the events we will include on the site is worldwide. I saw in a video how the “Near” field works — it recognized the US city and then showed nearby events. But what if someone were to key in something like Kiev? Would it recognize it, and if not, what would the user do? Also, in the US, “nearby” might be what’s within 200 miles. In Kiev, it might be 1,000 miles. Anything I could do about that?

2. I’m considering adding this either an existing WP site, but possibly creating a new site that is 100% devoted to events. If I do the latter, curious if you have themes (can I have a link please?) ready made for this?

Leah

Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting in touch and for your interest in Events Calendar PRO. The video you watched is of our upcoming 3.0 release. It will include a setting that controls what counts as nearby in the location search.

At this time we do not have any recommended themes to use with our plugins. However, we are happy to help you get our calendar looking nice on your site. And we always test our plugins on the default WordPress theme, so you know that it will look nice on Twenty Twelve.

Cheers,
    Leah

Mark

Thanks Leah. This question was not resolved:

“But what if someone were to key in something like Kiev? Would it recognize it, and if not, what would the user do?”

Leah

Hi Mark,

Sorry I missed that. The map view and location search work with Google Maps, so as long as Kiev is recognized and correct with Google it will work with Events Calendar PRO.

Cheers,
    Leah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Questions on "Near" field and themes’ is closed to new replies.