Questions before buying.

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Questions before buying.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike

First of all, sorry if my questions are a little stupid I’m still new to WP and your plugin.
    1)
    Is there any way to display the calander grid view, but instead of showing all 30(31) days of the month only show 7 days? If not, are there any plans to include this functionality soon?

2)
    Rather than trying to explain my next question, I’d rather show you what I’m looking to achieve and perhaps you could explain whether it’s do able with your plugin.
    First of all, I’m sorry its a horrificly bad picture but my workplace only has paint here >_>. Anyway, the different colored boxes would be event pictures that users would be able to click on for more details, would I be able to achieve something like this? even if it means heavy editing of the CSS files?

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb243/Sorrowsrage/?action=view&current=calanderview.png

Cheers. Will be buying the Pro version of your plugin regardless of whether it’s needed or not, if it can do what I envison 🙂

Rob

Hey Mike: no problem at all about the questions. Thanks for reaching out here, and for your interest 🙂 Happy to answer these best I can:

1) At this point, we don’t have a “Week” view. That being said there have been a number of requests for it and that will almost certainly be the next “view” we add to the calendar. My guess is that would be sometime in the 2.1 lifecycle, which kicks off sometime this fall.
    2) If I understand what you’re going for here, you should be able to attach an image to an individual event by setting it as the featured image. However, by default, it won’t appear in the grid view at all times — it’ll only appear upon hovering over the title of a given event. (This was done so that, on days with multiple events, there wouldn’t be multiple pictures showing up side-by-side…might look sloppy). You should be able to modify the grid view to show those images at all times if you wish, but that’s going to require some customization that we can help you out with best we can should you make the jump to PRO.

Hope that helped. Let me know if it didn’t, or if you have any other questions, and I’ll get you what you need. Cheers!

David Steele

We are using The Events Calendar and very interested in moving to pro. Here is what I want to accomplish and I can’t tell if pro will do it.
    We post community events not part of our organization as a community service.
    Can we display organization events in one color and community events in another, or is there some other way to visually distinguish between them?
    Can we filter the sidebar widget so community events are skipped and only organization events show?
    Can we create disclaimer text that automatically inserts itself into community events listings?
    It looks like we can create a form the public can fill out that will automatically populate the calendar, eliminating the need to give people login access. Is this correct? If so, I assume the form could add the disclaimer.
    Can we change the name that appears in the menu title?

I think that; it. I am eager to here your responses.

Davie

Joyce Grace

Hello Davie,

I’ll try to answer your questions best I can:

1) You can create categories of events, give each category a colour using either this tutorial: https://theeventscalendar.com/coloring-your-category-events/ or a new plugin that one of our more avid users created. Not sure if it’s released, but if it is not yet, it will be very, very soon.

2) Our sidebar widget has a filter that can show events only from one category yes. It’s called the “Events List Advanced Widget.”

3) You would probably have to custom code the disclaimer text, but it shouldn’t be hard for a developer to do it. You can post on our forum to see if anyone wants to take on the job, if you do not have the in-house capabilities to do it.

4) Yes you can have a form, but you may want to set things up so that you approve events before they are published. You can set it up so that logged in users can only submit events, but yes, there is an “anonymous” submission mode.

5) The form is set up to take in the fields that are in the calendar itself, and any “Additional fields” you have set up in your own site (it’s a setting we have where you can for instance, have a customized form field that says “food allergies” and people have to enter their food allergies)

The disclaimer would probably have to be custom coded in 🙁 But really, it should not be hard for any developer who is familiar with WordPress.

6) Not sure exactly what you mean by menu titles, but if you are referring to your navigation menus, yes, you can do this using WordPress menus, by changing the menu’s “label.”

We have settings where you can change urls and things, but some other parts may require a bit of code hacking. But again, something like a title shouldn’t be a hard fix for a developer.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Questions before buying.’ is closed to new replies.