Questions about PDF tickets, phone orders and compatibility

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Questions about PDF tickets, phone orders and compatibility

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    CZ

Hi there,

Since there’s no current documentation online (getting the 404 errors), hoping you can help:

1) Is it possible to TURN OFF the .PDF ticket option? We don’t want to send out any e-tickets. They will pick everything up at the box office.

2) How would we handle phone orders with this system? Folks can also call in their credit card info, but we’d certainly like to put them in system somehow.

3) What is the ETA for your next version?

4) Is WooTickets currently capatible with the latest of everything from WooThemes/WooCommerce? We’re hoping to set up a totally new install, design, etc.

Thanks! 🙂

Leah

Hi CZ,

Sorry about the 404s- I’m hoping you can now view our site and see our WooTickets New User Primer which covers a lot.

To answer your questions,

1) Is it possible to TURN OFF the .PDF ticket option? We don’t want to send out any e-tickets. They will pick everything up at the box office.

This is not a built-in setting, but it is probably possible to disable the PDF tickets using a bit of custom code. We may be able to assist you with that. Also, our upcoming release will have more customization options for the e-ticket itself, so you may be able to customize it to fit your needs.

2) How would we handle phone orders with this system? Folks can also call in their credit card info, but we’d certainly like to put them in system somehow.

The orders for WooTickets go through WooCommerce. I do not believe that they have any phone options, so I don’t think this would be an option.

3) What is the ETA for your next version?

We are hoping to release the next version alongside our Events Calendar 3.0, which we are working hard to finish up. We do not yet have a public release date.

4) Is WooTickets currently capatible with the latest of everything from WooThemes/WooCommerce? We’re hoping to set up a totally new install, design, etc.

Yes, WooTickets is and should remain compatible with the latest WooCommerce code. We test WooTickets for compatibility whenever a new WooCommerce version is released.

Hopefully that helps answer your questions. Let me know if I can be of further assistance. If you decide to purchase and want support or customizing help, head on over to our WooTickets forum.

Cheers,
    Leah

CZ

Hi Leah,
    Thanks for your response. FYI – for the 404 errors, I meant your links to the documentation for the plugin don’t work. You link to this nonexistent page from the primer page: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation-wootickets/ It’d be very helpful to see a lot more of the setting details in depth.

I’d like a little clarification on two items above…

1) What do you mean “probably possible”? Is there someone who could give me a definitive answer? Because of the system we have set up, we currently have no need for .pdf tickets — people can pay online, but get the paper ticket from us when they show up on the performance evening.

2) So you’re saying if someone mailed in a check, or called us up with their credit card, we couldn’t manually put this into the Wootickets system to track them as an attendee/someone who bought a ticket?

Thanks again,
    CZ

Leah

Hi CZ,

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve updated the New User Primer. Happily, we will be releasing a full documentation page for WooTickets soon, with the release of Events Calendar 3.0 and WooTickets 1.0.2. Thanks for your patience while we work on that.

1.) The reason I said “probably possible” is simply because with so many different variables, we can never guarantee that custom code we help with will work. That being said, our WooTickets support expert already has some ideas about some code that might work for you.

2.) This would really be a question for the WooCommerce support, since their plugin is the one handling the payment side of things. I recommend checking out the WooCommerce support page and/or getting in touch with one of their WooNinjas.

Cheers,
    Leah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Questions about PDF tickets, phone orders and compatibility’ is closed to new replies.