Questions about Events Calendar functionality

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Questions about Events Calendar functionality

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anna Sue

I am trying to set up a Calendar system on this site. I would like to know if your plugin will do all these things or if the client will have to buy/install other plugins. This is a 501c3 and has very limited funds. I am assuming I’d need the $89 Pro version to accomplish the following.

The needs of this client are:

Show all upcoming events. Can you specify colors for various categories of events?
    Some events will be free such as a worship service and require no registration.
    Some events will be recurring.
    For some events there will be a charge. If there is a book to be purchased for a class, is it possible for them to pay for both the class as well as the book or JUST the class.
    Would also like someone to register but not have to pay until they arrive..
    Would like payment to be via PayPal with confirmation email and a way to cancel registration and refund their payment if they change their mind.
    Will this interact with Google Calendar or you use this INSTEAD of Google Calendar?
    Does the system notify the site owner when someone has registered but not paid?
    Does it show the site owner the total of those registered?
    Can you set limits to keep more people from registering than the room can accommodate?
    Can you display national holidays?

Thanks.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Anna,

Thank you for getting in touch with us and considering our plugins.

You have posted some really awesome questions there. Let me answer them for you one by one.

This is a 501c3 and has very limited funds.

We do have a non profit partnership program and you could apply to receive a free license. You can check out the details here:

Show all upcoming events.

Yes, that is possible. There are also different settings to limit how many events are shown on a page or on a calendar day in month view.

Can you specify colors for various categories of events?

For this we would recommend this third-party plugin. Lot of our users are successfully using it:

Note, since this is a third-party plugin we do not provide support for it.

Some events will be free such as a worship service and require no registration.

That works without issues.

Some events will be recurring

Yes, with Events Calendar Pro you will be able to create recurring events.

One note here: recurring ticket for recurring events are not supported at the moment. So you will need to separately create tickets for all recurrences of the event.

For some events there will be a charge. If there is a book to be purchased for a class, is it possible for them to pay for both the class as well as the book or JUST the class.

You will need our free Event Tickets plugin for this functionality. For every event you can set up multiple tickets with different prices.

If you would like a more advanced solution and options then you will need Event Tickets Plus and an eCommerce plugin like WooCommerce. But Event Tickets should have you covered.

Would also like someone to register but not have to pay until they arrive

Event Tickets also give you the possibility to collect free registrations / RSVPs.

Does the system notify the site owner when someone has registered but not paid?

If this is the above free RSVP registration, then yes. The website owner receives an email of all RSVPs and also of all ticket sales.

Would like payment to be via PayPal with confirmation email and a way to cancel registration and refund their payment if they change their mind.

We have just introduced this functionality into Event Tickets. You can set it up to work with PayPal without needing an extra eCommerce solution. Note, you will need a PayPal business account.

Does it show the site owner the total of those registered?

Yes there is an Attendee page and an Orders page for every event that lists the people who have registered or purchased tickets, cancelled their participation and so on.

Can you set limits to keep more people from registering than the room can accommodate?

Yes, this is possible with the Event Tickets Plus plugin. The functionality is called shared capacity and does exactly what you ask. You can set up the event capacity and that is the total number of tickets and RSVPs that can be made / sold for the event. The amount can be adjusted any time of course.

Will this interact with Google Calendar or you use this INSTEAD of Google Calendar?

The Events Calendar is intended to be used instead of / without Google Calendar.

Our Event Aggregator service gives you the option to import event from Google Calendar on a regular basis, if that is something that you would need. It cannot push events from your site to Google Calendar though.

Can you display national holidays?

Yes, the calendar can display anything you upload into it manually or what you import with Event Aggregator from a Google Calendar, Facebook etc. There is no option / functionality to automatically import national holidays.

I hope this answers your questions. In case you have any more or you need more details on a functionality I’d be happy to answer, just let me know.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Questions about Events Calendar functionality’ is closed to new replies.