Question regarding the import

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Question regarding the import

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Stefan Krueger
    Participant

Hi,

we bought the Facebook plugin a few days ago. We will use it in a later step, but I have question regarding the import.
    We are listing all our beer week events with Events Calendar Pro and are just creating all the venues and organizers in our database. When we in a later step (after beer week is over and we just want to regularly list events on our page) then import events from several of our participants facebook pages will the existing venues and organizers be connected to these imports or will be end up with duplicates created through the facebook import ?
    I am aware of Facebooks age restriction, but most of the pages in Germany have no age restriction, so that wouldn’t be a problem.

Thanks and sorry for this presale question.

Stefan

Josh
    Participant

Hey Stefan,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

If I’m understanding the question here, it sounds like you’re creating the Venue (without importing from Facebook) and are wanting future imports from Facebook for that venue to be attached to that Venue rather than importing a duplicate of that venue detail?

The simplest way to get the best result here would be to do a single import of an event from each of the venues that you’d like created. When importing, there is an associated Facebook defined ID that gets stored for the venue that we check against when importing in the future.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Question regarding the import’ is closed to new replies.