Question About WPML + TEC PRO Solution fom Other Thread

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Question About WPML + TEC PRO Solution fom Other Thread

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    B.
    Participant

Hi,
    I had a question concerning an issue discussed on another forum thread that has unfortunately been closed. Was going to try to private message the author of that post, but couldn’t find the functionality or a way to contact TEC staff to figure out how. So hoping this thread can help me figure out how best to seek the help needed.

In the above linked post, a user named ‘Robert’ posted a possible plugin solution for getting WPML & TEC PRO to work together a bit better, focused mainly on recurring events. I see that full integration with WPML is still in the works, but it was being ‘explored’ 2-3 years ago when we first started asking about it as well (we were the original posters – from 2012 – that Robert referred to in his thread).

So just hoping Robert, or anyone else using his solution, might chime in about how well WPML + TEC PRO works with that fix?!? Last we explored the issue, in 2012 with TEC v.2.x, I believe it was mainly the recurring events that had issues. Seems like Robert’s found a fix for that, but it’s been so long and with so many updates (WP, TEC, WPML, etc.), that not sure what is currently ‘working’ and not.

Reason we’re asking is that we need to update about 30+ sites that all use WPML and TEC Pro to current versions of WP and all plugins. We had created a custom integration with Bing Translate to handle calendar translations since TEC wasn’t (doesn’t?!?) work with WPML. But this was with TEC v.1.3.3, which is ancient and has been completely rewritten I believe. So our tweak won’t work anymore and we just need to know A) what to tell the site owners; and B) what to put in our proposal for the updates, which needs to be completed ASAP.

Thanks for any insight here!

B.
    Participant

Ugh, sorry. Link to reference post was stripped out for some reason and no way to edit post. Hoping it sticks this time…

B.
    Participant

OK, paste in plain (links are stripped out apparently when using the ‘link’ function):
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/solution-for-wpml-events-calendar-pro-recurring-events-compatibility/

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

WPML and TEC do have conflicts together and it is unclear on exactly what those conflicts are. It is true it has been on the roadmap for awhile, but we are finally moving forward on making them compatible with each other, but I do not have a timeline for when that might happen.

I will leave this thread open for now, but there is not much we can help out with right now.

Thanks

Marc
    Participant

Hello,

I am also using TEC Pro and WPML together and the compatibility between those two plugins is very important for me too. With the purchase I thought that there is no issue, because other plugins work good with WPML and I am a little disappointed about the lack of an update, although the issue is known for a long time now.

Best regards,
    Marc

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Marc,

Unfortunately, there are compatibility issues between the Events Calendar and WPML.

It is currently on our roadmap to work on those issue, which it has not been in the past so I am hoping we will have a release that resolves them soon.

However, I do not have a timeline when that might be released.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Since there is has not been any activity on this thread for over 2 weeks so I am now closing it. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Question About WPML + TEC PRO Solution fom Other Thread’ is closed to new replies.