Question about Community events and also Product Vendors

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Question about Community events and also Product Vendors

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Hi there, this is more of a pre-sales question really. I have a site where around 50 users would be uploading their events on a monthly basis. I then would apply the tickets to this events and publish them. My question is could these event organisers (the 50 users I speak of) have access to the backend of the site and using this extension Product Vendors http://www.woothemes.com/products/product-vendors/ see their own events and their own orders and own reports accordingly?

Basically if a user logs in dothe WP dashboard in the backend do they just see their events and also their orders if any and their reports. Anyone have any advice on this, it would be great.

Thanks again for your time.

Barry

Hi James,

Tickets created through WooCommerce Tickets are products like any other – so the resulting order and sales data is really no different to that generated if you were selling something else.

If you are already using and continue to use Community Events then each user should already be able to view a list of events they’ve created. However, if they are able to login to the admin environment I wouldn’t have thought that their view of events (in that environment) would be limited to their own, unless you perform some additional customizations.

Does that answer any of your questions?

James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Thanks for clarifying on this Barry. It seems Product Vendors does work fine however the community event user in the backend of the site actually seems all events from everyone which is not ideal. I was hoping there would be a tighter integration here between the two. Maybe the future this is something that can be done. Thanks again for your time.

Barry

Hi James,

Maybe the future this is something that can be done.

It’s possible – but I’m not sure quite how much demand there would be across the community.

Posting this as a feature request (or lending your support to any suitable existing requests you might find) on our UserVoice page could be a good way forward here as we’d certainly be open to considering this if there’s a good use case and indications that others also want to see the same thing 🙂

Barry

Hi!

It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

• Need help with anything else? Go right ahead and post a new topic, one of the team will be only too happy to help
    • Still need help with this issue and need to re-open it? Again, please simply create a new topic and link to this one to provide the team with some context

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Question about Community events and also Product Vendors’ is closed to new replies.