question

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions question

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Alon

hello, I am using now Event Tickets and want to upgrade to Event Tickets Plus. my main questions is I want to upgrade in order to have to option of customizing the email that is sent to the person ordering the ticket. in the free version the email confirmation is standard and I want to know if in the plus version I have the option of customizing the email that is sent

Please let me know

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Alon and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

Upgrading to Event Tickets Plus will provide many great features, but does not provide an email customizer per se.

Currently, the only way you could achieve customization of emails would be through some template customization. You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

This could be also be achieved with a plugin from SkyVerge:
    https://www.woothemes.com/products/follow-up-emails/
    The plugin allows you to send different emails after selling different products.
    Would this help you?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Alon

Hello and Thank you

I was testing the ‘event-tickets’ plug in and I made a rsvp for 3 people, so it sent me an email with 3 ‘tickets’. I would like to have the ‘senders’ name custom to my name and also for the email confirmation be customized with my message and the ability to send a mass email to all rsvp’s etc.

Can this be achieved with template customization?

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Alon,

Thank you for taking the time to write back.

I would like to have the ‘senders’ name custom to my name

To achieve that you have 2 solutions:

1. Use a third-party plugin such as https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-wp-smtp/ (but this will overtake any email sent by WordPress).
    2. You could apply the following snippet in the functions.php file of your theme (without the PHP tag at the top): https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/35d3c0a08e53b061920976f80f0f44b4

the email confirmation be customized with my message

Yes, this can be achieved via template customization.

the ability to send a mass email to all rsvp’s etc.

There is no mass email built-in functionality. But, you can export the attendee list to CSV and use that in something like Mailchimp.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Alon

Thank you!

What is template customization? and how do I do it?

That is the main thing I would like to customize

Geoff B.

Good evening Alon,

Thank you for your answer.

What is template customization? and how do I do it?

The Events Calendar comes with a number of template files that determine how the plugin looks and behaves; we call these views. You can override these files with custom files that you place in your theme.

This includes, of course, the emails being sent out.

You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works (https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide).

If you have questions, I will gladly assist 🙂

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘question’ is closed to new replies.