Querying nearby events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Querying nearby events

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wearegiants
    Participant

Is it possible to use wp_query to return nearby events? On a site we’re developing, I’d like to a modal window to popup on first arrival displaying a list of events, ideally sorted by distance.

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

This would definitely be possible but would require custom development that would be beyond the scope of support we’re able to provide here in the forums.

A few notes though…

With the pro plugin, all Venues with addresses have geolocation data stored with them as postmeta that can be accessed in your query. A longitude and latitude value are stored for each venue.

Also, a great place to start for looking into how to accomplish this would be to look into our Map View available within the pro plugin. One approach you could take would be to get the visitor’s location and autofill the “Search” feature on that page based on the user’s location.

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to give you a direct answer but hopefully this will help to get you pointed in the right direction.

Thanks!

wearegiants
    Participant

No, that was very helpful. I’ll dig in and see what I can find. Thanks

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

No problem. Happy to help!

I’ll go ahead and close this ticket for now. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Querying nearby events’ is closed to new replies.