query performance issues on update_meta with new meta chunker

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO query performance issues on update_meta with new meta chunker

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Nicolas
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Nicolas
    Participant

Dear Victor,

I thank you for your kind help.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Nicolas!

We’ve been able to take a look at your database and we’d like you to try the following:

Please deactivate The Events Calendar plugin. Then try creating a new post and see how long it takes. Please, let us know about this.

Regarding the size of your database, what we suggest is that you try enabling caching via something like memcached with your hosting provider. That could reduce the number of database queries your site makes and improve the speed.

Thanks,
    Victor

Nicolas
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nicolas
    Participant

Is there a way to cache venue’posts ?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Nicolas!

I’m sorry to hear about not being able to try memcached on your server. This caching system is a way to cache the venues and other data in memory to reduce the number of times it reads the database.

I will reach the team to take another look at your database and to analyse the time it takes to publish/edit a post and we’ll get back to you with any findings we have.

Thanks again for your patience.

Best,
    Victor

Nicolas
    Participant

Dear Victor,

I thank you for your kind answer.

It seems to me useful to remind that the problem takes place only with the VENUEposts not at all either with EVENTposts nor the organizerPOSTS.

Isn’t there a solution to cache VENUEposts ?

Best,

Nicolas

Nicolas
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nicolas
    Participant

Dear Shelby, Victor and the whole team,

Here I offer my deepest apologies.
    I finally managed to fix the problem after cleaning and re-installing step by step all the stuff. The culprit – quite unexpected – is the Udinra Pro plugins set that causes a serious conflict with Event Pro since the April update.
    I beg you to forgive me for having wasted your time.

Best regards,

Nicolas

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Nicolas!

There is really no need to apologise. We are super happy you could find the source of the problem and worked it out! 🙂 Well done!

Since your problem was related to performance and it seemed to be you have quiet a big site, let me recommend you a couple of articles that might be of your interest for future reference:

Here is a good article that will get you started on Performance Considerations. After that, if you decide to implement a caching system then you can move to these articles: Caching: What, when and how and Caching month view HTML in transients

Finally, there is a good article George put up here that groups a set of developer plugins. It’s a bit more technical than the others but will definitely be of help if you are into development.

Since you marked this resolved, I’ll go ahead and close it, but feel free to open a new topic if anything comes up and we’d be happy help! 🙂

Cheers!
    Victor

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘query performance issues on update_meta with new meta chunker’ is closed to new replies.