Qr-code section in email.php

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Qr-code section in email.php

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ilkka
    Participant

Hi there,

i would like to customize the qr-code section in ticket emails. I have found the file QR.php which generates the bottom section of the email but i can not get my customization working. Where should i place this QR.php file in my child theme to get it working?

thanks

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Ilkka,

I would love to help you with this.

Actually, you can not override QR.php. Only files inside of the /views/ folder can be overridden. There is good reason for this. Almost any file outside of that folder is extremely to break compatibility with plugin updates, thus if you overrode it you would likely find yourself unable to update without getting errors.

However, I bet we can still easily accomplish what you want to do. I’m guessing you are trying to alter the HTML code output by the inject_qr function. You can still do this, and stay compatible with plugin updates! You will want to stop our plugin from outputting that HTML, then copy/paste the code that powers it into one of your own files such as the functions.php in your theme.

Here is what I would do if I were you:

https://gist.github.com/elimn/8a0a0dfd02842c30ff3d27e895819837

Does that all make sense?

Cheers!

– Brook

Ilkka
    Participant

Hi there,

yes this what i am looking for. Thanks for your answer. i have not tested yet but seems that this is the solution.

Thanks.

Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

just to let you know that this works perfectly for me.

Thanks again.

Brook
    Participant

Excellent news!

Thank you for getting back and letting me know.

Don’t hesitate to reach out should ever need anything else.

Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Qr-code section in email.php’ is closed to new replies.