QR Code Scanner
I followed the steps exactly as outlined in this guide your produced: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-qr-codes-event-tickets-plus/
When I scan the QR codes to check-in event attendees, it simply takes me to the event page on the site. It doesn’t check people any. We have a major event tonight and need this work. What am I doing wrong?
I have a scanning app, I have browser open with wordpress dashboard logged in and im an admin. I go back to scan tickets and it takes me to the event page.
Thanks for reaching out!
Not sure what can be happening. I just tested this:
- log in to website on mobile phone as admin
- scan QR code of recently purchased ticket with the mobile
- result in this: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqh6lbOjUW1T5DtR8QsfVhS-MxmX
When scanning the QR code, is the page opening up in your browser (where you logged in) or in your code scanner app?
We don’t have a video tutorial on this yet.
I am using Norton Snap (on Android) which is available from the Google Play Store. It should be also available in the App Store of Apple. (url)
This is what I usually do:
- Open the browser and log in to the dashboard
- Open Norton Snap and scan the QR code in the ticket
- allow the app to visit the URL that comes up (the url is the result of the QR code)
- browser opens up and show the result I shared above
I haven’t tested this with the private browsing mode though.
Are you doing anything different? What is happening for you?
Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.
Thanks so much!
The Events Calendar Support Team
The topic ‘QR Code Scanner’ is closed to new replies.