QR Code Scanner
I followed the steps exactly as outlined in this guide your produced: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-qr-codes-event-tickets-plus/
When I scan the QR codes to check-in event attendees, it simply takes me to the event page on the site. It doesn’t check people any. We have a major event tonight and need this work. What am I doing wrong?
I have a scanning app, I have browser open with wordpress dashboard logged in and im an admin. I go back to scan tickets and it takes me to the event page.
Thanks for reaching out!
Not sure what can be happening. I just tested this:
- log in to website on mobile phone as admin
- scan QR code of recently purchased ticket with the mobile
- result in this: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqh6lbOjUW1T5DtR8QsfVhS-MxmX
When scanning the QR code, is the page opening up in your browser (where you logged in) or in your code scanner app?
We don’t have a video tutorial on this yet.
I am using Norton Snap (on Android) which is available from the Google Play Store. It should be also available in the App Store of Apple. (url)
This is what I usually do:
- Open the browser and log in to the dashboard
- Open Norton Snap and scan the QR code in the ticket
- allow the app to visit the URL that comes up (the url is the result of the QR code)
- browser opens up and show the result I shared above
I haven’t tested this with the private browsing mode though.
Are you doing anything different? What is happening for you?