QR code not showing in email for check-in

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions QR code not showing in email for check-in

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Samuel

After troubleshooting with plugin-activating and deactivating both event ticket and event calendar plugins and all-third party plugins, the qr code isn’t showing still in email ticket. I also have turned off all image blocking settings and still nothing. Could someone help me trouble shoot this?

I’m using these plugins with one another:

The Events Calendar Version 4.6.4
    The Events Calendar PRO Version 4.4.18
    Event Tickets Version 4.5.3
    Event Tickets Plus Version 4.5.6
    WooCommerce Version 3.2.4
    Post SMTP Version 1.7.10 – for sending emails

I honestly don’t think it’s another plugin conflict, but probably compatibility issues between different versions of event-tickets plugins? I’ve downloaded different versions because previously I had another issue and had to install earlier versions of your plugins. (the add ticket button wasn’t showing up on add event page)

Samuel

Also wordpress version is 4.8.3 and using 2016 default theme

Samuel

Another user said they had to update their PHP GD? Is this related to that?

Samuel

This code snippet looks suspect. inside event-tickets-plus:

private function _get_image( $link ) {
    		if ( ! function_exists( 'ImageCreate' ) ) {
    			// The phpqrcode library requires GD but doesn't actually check if it is available
    			return null;
    		}
    		if ( ! class_exists( 'QRencode' ) ) {
    			include_once( EVENT_TICKETS_PLUS_DIR . '/vendor/phpqrcode/qrlib.php' );
    		}

$uploads   = wp_upload_dir();
    		$file_name = 'qr_' . md5( $link ) . '.png';
    		$path      = trailingslashit( $uploads['path'] ) . $file_name;
    		$url       = trailingslashit( $uploads['url'] ) . $file_name;

if ( ! file_exists( $path ) ) {
    			QRcode::png( $link, $path, QR_ECLEVEL_L, 3 );
    		}

return $url;
    	}
    Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Samuel,

Thanks for reaching out!

As a first it is recommended to use the latest versions of all our plugins. Unfortunately we are not able to provide support for earlier versions and mixed versions as we cannot guarantee cross-plugin compatibility.

Please update your calendar and ticketing plugins and re-check if you are still encountering the issue with the QR codes.

We haven’t changed how QR codes are generated, so if it was working before, it should also still work.

When the QR codes are generated they are saved under wp-content/uploads folder (maybe wp-content/uploads/2017/11 if you use the month directory structure). You can log in to your server and check if they are there. If not, there is an issue with the generation / saving of the files. But first an update is definitely recommended.

Let me know what you find.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘QR code not showing in email for check-in’ is closed to new replies.