QR code in email and check in text

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus QR code in email and check in text

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Matthew Debouge
    Participant

Hi

I would like to remove the QR code image place holder and the text saying “Check in for this event
    Scan this QR code at the event to check in.” in the ticket confirmation email.

I’ve manage to remove the QR code without issue but I’m little lost when it comes to removing the rest.
    Basically everything in the red box.

Cliff

Hi, Matthew. Thanks for your detailed question; screenshots always help.

Just as an FYI, the QR code gets added from /wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/Tribe/QR.php via this code:

add_action( 'tribe_tickets_ticket_email_ticket_bottom', array( $this, 'inject_qr' ) );

And here’s a snippet to remove adding the QR code:

https://gist.github.com/elimn/36b24ada494337b5dad7

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Matthew Debouge
    Participant

Hi thank you for taking the time to reply.

I presume I can edit a copy of QR.php from within my theme folder and just drop in that snippet code at the bottom to remove the QR code area in the email?

Matthew Debouge
    Participant

Bump

Cliff

Hi, Matthew. Bumping threads doesn’t help them get attention sooner. Additionally, please recognize that we try to reply within 1-2 business days. You replied on Saturday and bumped earlier today (Monday). I hope this information helps you know what to expect going forward. Sorry for any confusion otherwise.

To your question, no, you cannot override QR.php via our Themer’s Guide; only files that are in the “views” subdirectory can do so.

Regarding the snippet I provided you in the previous reply:

Best practice for adding custom code (like to implement a PHP snippet to modify The Events Calendar) is to create a functionality plugin, unless it’s something specific to your theme, in which case best practice is to make sure you’re using a child theme<i>,</i> then add the customization to your child theme’s functions.php file.

I hope this information helps!

Matthew Debouge
    Participant

Big thanks Cliff,

I did not mean to be rude bumping the post. please accept my apologies. Great support guys.

Cliff

No worries at all; likewise on my end. I just wanted to be clear and set you up for success in future interactions.

So did the code snippet work as you wanted it to?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘QR code in email and check in text’ is closed to new replies.