How to show selected events on homepage

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How to show selected events on homepage

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sabinevi
    Participant

Hi, I’m using the Pro-version. My client wants to have four selected events in photo-view on the homepage and I’m not sure how to do that. I considered setting up a category ‘homepage’ where these four items could go in to and calling them through a custom query to show up on the homepage but then I also would have to find a way to exclude this ‘homepage’-category in the (paid Filter Bar) filters-list and I wouldn’t know how to do that.

I tried making four widget-areas especially for the homepage and using four instances of the Events Calendar Widget, setting each of them to show 1 article in 1 category but on the homepage I know see four month-views of the current month, even if the first upcoming event is next month so that doesn’t seem like a good approach either.

Would you be so kind to share your thoughts on this topic with me? I am an experienced WP-developer and PHP-coder but a first time user of you software so some guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance!

Casey D

Hello sabinevi,

Thanks for contacting us!

You may find the Event Rocket plugin to be very useful. It is experimental and we are not able to support it, but it was created by one of our developers and it might give you some of the answers you’re looking for. It has a shortcode functionality that I believe does exactly what you need for your homepage.

As far as removing the category from the filter bar, for now the best solution we can offer is to remove it visually with css. In our upcoming maintenance release (due imminently) there will be a filter to control these categories.

Does this make sense? Can you give the plugin a spin and see if that works for you?

– Casey Driscoll

sabinevi
    Participant

Thanks for your fast reply Casey. I had a look at the Event Rocket plugin and it can actually do what I thought my client wanted. But then it turned out that he wanted to have the first upcoming event of each of the four categories on the homepage and I can probably achieve that with the help of this page in the documentation: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/the-events-calendar-template-tags-general-functions/#functiontribe_get_events.
    Thanks again!

Casey D

Hello sabinevi,

Happy it worked out!

We’d love it if you would leave us a review and let people know how much you like the plugin! http://m.tri.be/jt

I’ll go ahead and close this thread. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How to show selected events on homepage’ is closed to new replies.