Purchaser Information NOT for each Attendee

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Purchaser Information NOT for each Attendee

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Crystal
    Participant

Hello,

I am setting up an event where corporations can purchase tickets and often purchase up to 10 to fill a table. However, I am wanting to gather information for each purchaser NOT for each attendee. For example: If I am purchasing 10 tickets to distribute to my company then I should only have to fill in this information one time not for each person attending. Often times a company doesn’t know who is attending yet when they purchase a ticket.

I would like this information per purchase made:
    · Name or corporation (as preferred for recognition)
    · Contact Name
    · Phone
    · Address
    · Email
    · Dietary Restrictions (Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free)

Can you help me with this please?

Andrew Houglum
    Participant

I have this same issue. For free tickets only Name and Email are collected. I don’t want to collect data fore each attendee, I want to collect more data for the “purchaser” like phone and address. How can I do this?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Crystal,

Thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately, there is not a way to do this out of the box, since the custom ticket fields are associated with the tickets, not the orders. I think an easier solution for what you are looking to do would be to use something like WooCommerce’s Checkout Field Editor extension, which will allow you to easily edit the fields the user is presented at checkout. I also came across this free plugin which appears to also allow you to add new fields to the checkout page (although I haven’t used or tested it). If you’re comfortable editing code, WooCommerce also has this guide on customizing checkout fields using actions and filters.

If you’d like to make a customization to the way our custom fields operate, our Themer’s Guide is a great place to start! We are not currently able to do customizations, but we are happy to answer questions and point you in the right direction.

Andrew, this applies to your question as well. The information for the “Purchaser” is collected at checkout, so that would be the place to add the phone and address fields for that person.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Purchaser Information NOT for each Attendee’ is closed to new replies.