Pulling images in event list view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Pulling images in event list view

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Robert
    Participant

Hi guys,
    I wondered if there was a way to make the featured image for an event automatically re-size to a thumbnail (say 150×150) and display in the “event-list” view to the left, next to the excerpt. Right now my list s like such: http://nagoya-info.com/events/upcoming/
    The second event on the list does have a featured image already attached but it doesn’t show in the list view, hence the question.

Thanks guys
    Robert

Rob

Hey Robert. We recently put together a tutorial along these lines for widgets, not the list (https://theeventscalendar.com/how-to-show-featured-thumbnails-in-the-next-events-widget/). But it should point you in the right direction…does it? Let me know if not and I can get Jonah to chime in directly.

Robert
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me Rob.

Yeah I checked out the tutorial. It all makes good sense and I can follow it but a some direction with how to apply the case to the events list view would be really helpful!
    Thanks for the offer

Rob

Sure thing, Robert. Let me see if Jonah has any ideas here. I’ll get him to take a look when he hits the forums tomorrow.

Robert
    Participant

Hi Rob, just wondering if Johah had seen the post?

Thanks

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Robert,

This is more customization than we can offer in the forum but basically you have a couple options:

1. Use TimThumb to automatically create this 150×150 thumbnail for you from the featured image.
    2. Register another image size in WordPress to be 150×150 and use this in your template.

There’s tons of tutorials on the net on how to do either of these things.

Good luck!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Pulling images in event list view’ is closed to new replies.