Pulling Events list for Email Blasts/Newsletters

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Pulling Events list for Email Blasts/Newsletters

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kevin
    Participant

Hi, I was wondering if there is a good way to pull the Event Titles, Dates, and Descriptions from the website for a week’s time for our Weekly Email Newsletter. We love the plug in but having to copy and paste each event on our calendar for the week is a huge time suck. Is there an RSS feed of the Events we could use to grab it? Do you have any experience with this or suggestions? Any ideas would be helpful.

Barry

Hi – great question!

There is indeed an RSS feed:

http://example.com/events/feed/

If you need the events in some other order though, you might prefer a custom coded solution that leverages our tribe_get_events() function (which is basically a wrapper around WordPress’s own get_posts() function) – but that would be a more advanced topic and you may prefer the simplicity of using an RSS feed.

Does that help at all?

mpurse
    Participant

Did this work for you? I am currently setting up a weekly newsletter in mail chimp using a rss feed from the events. I would like to show all events coming up for the next two months. Currently it only shows the next few dates. Not sure how I can hack this to do what I need. Otherwise its being awesome.

pickleshy
    Participant

*subscribing to comments 🙂

Micha McLain
    Participant

I’m using the example.com/events/feed/ to run one and it works fine except one issue.

The *|RSSITEM:DATE|* function grabs the event date and time (not the published date), which is what I want. However, this is grabbing the UTC time and not the time zone I have set in wordpress. This is causing a 4 hour offset for me as I’m in EST.

Does anyone have a workaround for this?

Micha McLain
    Participant

Oh yeah… thanks.

Barry

Hi: I’m very sorry we missed these follow up questions. That was, unfortunately, due to a bug in our forum software (which only notified us of updates when the original poster added a new reply). Owing to the amount of time that’s elapsed I will now close this thread and I’d ask that if you still need help you create a fresh thread: one of the team will then be only too happy to assist 🙂

Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Pulling Events list for Email Blasts/Newsletters’ is closed to new replies.