Pull in events from single category

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Pull in events from single category

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by David Martin.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Martin
    Participant

hi there,

Are you able to advise on the php I can use to display events from specific category in my site’s sidebar?

Had a look and cannot find any info on this in the forums.

Thanks,

David

Geoff

Hi David,

Welcome back to the forums!

Great question. The easiest way would be to use the Event List widget that comes with Events Calendar PRO because it allows you to display events and filter them by category.

Otherwise, it’s going to take some custom development to accomplish. If you go that route, I would suggest checking out our post on using the tribe_get_events function.

I also have this example of using tribe_get_events to fetch events by a specific category:

https://gist.github.com/trishasalas/86cc9975ab65c428dedd6a802dbcf426

I hope this helps get the ball rolling!

Cheers,
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Pull in events from single category’ is closed to new replies.