pue.tri.be lookup on every admin request?

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator pue.tri.be lookup on every admin request?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    washingtonian
    Participant

Hello,

Our wp-admin is running very slowly today. Our host did some troubleshooting and determined that each request to a wp-admin url is triggering a DNS lookup for pue.tri.be, and DreamHost is being DDoSed today, so those lookups are taking a really long time.

That lookup is triggered by the Events Calendar Pro plugin, as far as we can tell.

There are some hacks we can do to make those lookups succeed. But I wonder–could this lookup be cached in some way so that it only happens every 30 minutes or something? I’m not comfortable with our production web machines having an external dependency like this, especially if your host is not always reliable.

Thank you,
    Chris Combs
    Director, Digital Product
    Washingtonian

Courtney

Hi Chris

You are correct that Dreamhost’s DDoS was a factor in the issues you noticed. The way that Event Aggregator works is that event data is parsed on our server before being fed to your site. There are no options without the EA Server for imports except .csv files, which is available without an Event Aggregator license.

The code for Event Aggregator and license resides in your The Events Calendar plugin itself.

That said, are you still noticing issues? In over 6 months of working with Modern Tribe, I can say yesterday was the very first time I’ve seen this issue happen. I am hoping it’s a rare to non-existent issue in the future.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

washingtonian
    Participant

I don’t believe our setup is using Event Aggregator. We don’t have a license for it.

I’m still not sure why it would need to hit your server on every–and I do mean every–wp-admin request. We watched it try to reach your server on all kinds of unrelated screens, such as the post editor, the General screen of options, the config screens for unrelated plugins (WP All Import, ACF), tags, categories, you name it. Every wp-admin request was triggering this dns lookup. This in turn was hanging until the dns lookup timed out.

Is it possible there’s some kind of software defect that is causing this?

Courtney

Oh my misunderstanding Chris

Our license processing server and EA are both related to yesterday’s DDoS issues. I will pass the other inquiry off for some of our developers, however, the only calls back to our server that should happen from your site are related to your license (and for those with EA).

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘pue.tri.be lookup on every admin request?’ is closed to new replies.