Publishing calendar on external sites

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Publishing calendar on external sites

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    rappnews
    Participant

What is the best way to publish events with specific categories on our calendar on our other 2 sites? We want to centrally mange the events from one site?

Josh
    Participant

Hey Dennis,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

If I’m understanding you correctly, it sounds like you could accomplish what you’re looking for using our iCal Importer plugin. With this you can set a recurring import on your external sites from the main site.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

rappnews
    Participant

This looks good. So once set up, the calendar admin will be able to manage the calendar from one site, and will not have to login to the other sites to publish the items. As I understand it, the calendar on site #2 and #3 will autopublish based on the ical feed, and we can set up feed for specific categories or keywords?

Josh
    Participant

Hey Dennis,

Yep, you can have them automatically publish to your other sites from the main site. Within the settings on the individual site you can set the category on that site to where the imported events will be assigned but not the category from the main site where the events are coming from.

I’m looking into options here. Ideally, you should be able to set your feed to pull from a set category on the main site. Testing the best way to set up the URL for that currently.

Thanks!

rappnews
    Participant

thanks, let me know if you verify it will work for our stated needs and I will purchase it today.

rappnews
    Participant

Josh have you finished your research on this? Will the plugin work for our stated needs? Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

Hey Dennis,

Sorry for the delay here.

By default, the archive views iCal feed doesn’t appear to be limiting to just events from that category so you couldn’t set the import URL that way.

However, with some custom dev, you could filter the events (using pre_get_posts) for the archives and limit the pull of events that way.

Thanks!

rappnews
    Participant

Where do we find the ical URL for the main site. Pro and ical import are active on the mail and the “publish to” sites

Josh
    Participant

Hey Dennis,

You can access the iCal feed by adding “/?ical” at the end of your calendar link. This will allow for downloading the iCal file if accessed directly or can be used as the URL for importing into another calendar using the iCal Importer.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Publishing calendar on external sites’ is closed to new replies.