PUBLISH button disappeared for members to use

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO PUBLISH button disappeared for members to use

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    azdancecoalition
    Participant

Hello-
    About a year ago the PUBLISH button disappeared for our members and they are unable to publish their own events. It creates a burden on admin who need to check event postings often and PUBLISH each one. Any ideas on what could have happened. We kept thinking it was the “old” WordPress Theme. Now that we are very close to have the new site done, I’d like to make sure our members can publish their own events. Please advise. Thank you. Krystyna

Geoff

Hi Krystyna, nice to see you again!

What role do your members have in WordPress? For example, are they registered as Administrators, or some other role? I’m curious because different roles have different publishing permissions in WordPress and knowing what role they are assigned to will help me understand the issue a little better.

Thanks so much!
    Geoff

azdancecoalition
    Participant

Our members are labeled as “contributors” and they used to be able to PUBLISH, but not anymore. If their membership expired, I manually need to change to “subscribers.” The other is “administrator” which can publish.

I went to USERS, USER ROLE EDITOR and noticed the lists of items checked or not checked.

These are the choices: contributor, subscriber, author, editor, administrator.

We would like our members to have control over their event posts – publish, edit, delete.

Please advise. Thank you. Krystyna

Geoff

Hi Krystyna,

Thanks for the extra details!

Yes, by default, The Events Calendar follows the same permissions for subscribers, contributors, authors, editors and administrators that WordPress offers right out of the box.

It sounds like you are using the User Role Editor plugin to customize your permissions. Is that correct?

If you are, then you will want to head to the Users > User Role Editor screen, select the user role you want to edit, then make sure they have all permissions for the “Events” custom post type.

Here’s a screenshot of that screen and the permissions that you can assign to the roles you select.

Does this make sense and will it work for you? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

azdancecoalition
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

This reply is private.

azdancecoalition
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi Krystyna!

Geoff has stepped away for a few days so I thought I’d drop in and see if I could assist further.

“Other”, in the context of user capabilities, governs whether or not a user can edit some other user’s posts. For example, if User A creates a new organizer then User B will not be able to edit it unless they have been granted the edit_others_tribe_organizers capability. Of course, whether it makes sense to grant that sort of capability or not of course varies according to what you are trying to achieve 🙂

Overall, this is definitely a pretty advanced sort of customization to be making and if you hit further difficulties it may indeed be best to seek the assistance of a web developer who can give you the sort of detailed assistance you might require.

If you do have further questions for us, though, please let me know and I’ll be happy to help if I can!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘PUBLISH button disappeared for members to use’ is closed to new replies.