Product not showing under Post types that can have tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Product not showing under Post types that can have tickets

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    gmg
    Participant

I just purchased Event Tickets Plus, and installed it along side Event Tickets and WooCommerce. Under the Event Settings there is a “Tickets” tab where it shows “Post types that can have tickets”. There is no option to select “Product” even though WooCommerce is enabled and I have a valid license key registered in Event Tickets Plus.

When I go to “Add a Product” under WooCommerce, there are no event ticket fields.

I’m confused… how is this supposed to work? Is something broken in the current version of the plugin. Please help!

gmg
    Participant

I have made some strides since I posted the above note. I realized that “Products” probably doesn’t show up on purpose, because it’s designed to be listed on another post type. I added it to the Business Listing post type, because on this website, these are going to be events put on by various businesses controlling their own events. I found the interface for adding tickets to an existing Business Listing to be pretty good.

However, as it is a custom post type, and I have my own single-business-listing.php file controlling what outputs on a Business Listing detail page, none of your ticketing stuff shows up right now. What is the snippet of code I need to add to my custom post type template to make the ticket stuff display exactly the same way it would have if I had chosen a standard Page or Post?

Hi Chad,

Welcome and thanks so much for reaching out!

As it sounds like you’ve discovered, you are not meant to create tickets within a WooCoomerce Product, although it does become a WooCommerce Product once created.

Tickets can be created and edited within a variety of post types, which are listed within your settings.  It sounds like you have enabled tickets in the Business Listing post type, but things still aren’t showing up correctly because you have a custom template within that post type, is this correct?

Unfortunately, I don’t have a snippet to make things display properly with your customizations.  Can you take a screenshot of what you are seeing on the front end on that page when your tickets are created?

Let me know if anything else comes up in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

gmg
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by gmg.
    gmg
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Chad,

Thanks for supplying me with that information.

Just to let you know, we are limited by our Support Policy in how much we can help with customizations, but I will try to point you in the right direction.

Can you test if your tickets show up properly when using another post type?  This way we can get a sense of where the issue may lie.

Another option may be to try using a WooCommerce shortcode to display the ticket product on that page:

https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-shortcodes/

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Product not showing under Post types that can have tickets’ is closed to new replies.