Product add-ons

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Product add-ons

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John Paul
    Participant

I have tried to add two different product add-ons to my site in order to link them to a ticket. Basically I want to be able to ask the buyer if they would like to buy the ticket as a Gift to somebody else. If they select ‘YES’ then I add a postage charge to the Cart. However, the product add-ons wont work with Event Ticket Plus. Is this because it is a ‘virtual’ product? is there anyway to solve this?

George
    Participant

Hey John,

Thanks for reaching out.

Our ticketing plugins unfortunately don’t have any built-in support for product add-ons at this time. It is not just because of being a “virtual product”β€”it’s related to a few different technical things.

Better support for premium ticket add-ons is something we are actively working on, but in the meantime, I’m curious: you mention having tried adding product add-ons, can you clarify exactly how you are going about doing this? Are you using a specific WooCommerce extension to add product add-ons, for example? If so, which one? Are you just using built-in WooCommerce features to link the products? If so, share screenshots of your process. (You can do so by uploading the screenshots to this thread. If you have issues with that, you can upload to Imgur.com, Flickr.com, CloudUp.com, or any similar image-hosting site; then just share the links to those images here and I’ll take a look.)

If I understand what process you’re using, I may be able to offer some insight.

Thank you!
    George

John Paul
    Participant

Hi , the plugin I am using is the official one from Woo called Product add-ons

Product Add-Ons

I like this plugin because it allows you to use Categories to assign a Global Product Add-on. The plugin can find the category ‘Tickets’ but cannot find any of the categories I have added to the courses e.f Full Day Courses, Half Day Courses. The fact it finds ‘tickets’ though is great because I need a solution I can apply globally. It is too much work to expect my client to always remember to link products when creating a new course.

What is interesting is that when I add a global product add on to the category ‘tickets’ and then try and see the event. I cannot see the add-on, however when I try and book the event, it wont allow me to go to checkout and I get a message that tells me that I have not entered my choices for the ‘add-on’. So the checkout process is expecting an input from the user, even though the user cannot see the fields to fill out.

So what am I trying to achieve? My client sells Gift Certificates which customers can then send to their friends. On checkout we want to be able to give the purchaser the option to have a Gift Certificate posted to their address which allows the receiver access to the course. This would then ensure the ticket qty is adjusted, but my client gets a message in the order that they must send a certificate in the post (the Gift Certificate attracts a postal charge btw)

I can sell Gift Certificates on the site and use a form to get them to set out the details. However, the ticket qtys will not then be adjusted automatically and we run the risk of the customer adding the wrong course and date into the form.

So if Tickets worked well with Product Add-on , then I could achieve all this AND potentially easily sell other products such as Chefs hats, Aprons, Books all within the ticketing booking page.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by John Paul.
    George
    Participant

Thanks for elaborating on all of this John. The value of better integration with our plugins and with Product Add-ons is clear β€” I am sorry that great integration is currently non-existent. πŸ™

As I noted above, providing better support here is something we are working on. While I unfortunately don’t have any specific recommendations here, I would recommend staying tuned to plugin releases and would also encourage you to voice your thoughts on our UserVoice page here β†’ http://tribe.uservoice.com

We pay close attention to the UserVoice page and use it as a way to determine what features to add, what things our customers are really concerned about, etc.

Sincerely,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Product add-ons’ is closed to new replies.