Problems with tooltips

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Problems with tooltips

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Joanna Shebson
    Participant

Sorry that I didn’t get back to you on this thread: https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/tooltips-not-working-on-main-calendar-page/#post-167840

It’s strange, because tool tips are working on some pages. If you mouse over recurring events here: http://www.funinjerusalem.com/event/family-nature/2014-05-31/, you’ll see what I’m talking about.

I’ll add the information that you originally asked for to this discussion

Joanna Shebson
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey D

Hello funinjerusalem,

No problem, feel free to contact us at your leisure.

The tooltips on the single and month views are very different. From what I can tell the month view is breaking because the DOM selector can’t find the right object to ‘slice.’ This is more than likely caused by your theme or template override.

At Modern Tribe we work hard to release polished and clean, professional software. However in the open source market place, this is not always the case.

Before submitting a support post, we ask users to deactivate all plugins and change to a theme like Twentytwelve, as a proven way to check for conflicts.

Ideally, they will do this on a local, development, or staging environment. It’s possibly a little tedious, but it is the surest and most efficient way to get to the root of a complicated issue. We know this after years of combined experience troubleshooting technological problems of all shapes and sizes.

If the issue still occurs on a normalized system, there is more than likely a problem with our plugin (a bug).

If the issue goes away on a normalized system, there is more than likely conflict with another plugin or theme that is not ours.

This is an integral part of our troubleshooting process. By reactivating plugins one at a time, checking the problem with each activation, you can immediately find out where the conflict is. Otherwise, it is a difficult (impossible) guessing game.

checkforpluginconflict

It seems like you have quite a few plugins. Can you please deactivate your plugins and theme, to confirm the problem goes away. Please reactivate each piece, until the problem comes back. Please let us know which plugin causes the problem.

Does this make sense? Let me know if I can explain anything else!

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Joanna Shebson
    Participant

When I change the theme, I see the tooltips. What’s the best way to diagnose why they aren’t showing up?

Thanks!

Casey D

Hello funinjerusalem,

That’s actually really great to hear. Once the conflict is narrowed down, it is much simpler to fix!

The javascript console errors show that it can’t find the right element to ‘slice’ and there for can’t make the tooltip.

2014-06-02 at 9.28 AM

What theme are using, is it one you are making in house?

Do you have a template override folder in your theme? It would be a directory called ‘tribe-events’ in the root of your active theme. Our Themer’s Guide will give you more info on template overrides.

Does this make sense? Let me know if I can explain anything else!

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Casey D

Hello funinjerusalem,

We typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Problems with tooltips’ is closed to new replies.