Problems with time range in week view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Problems with time range in week view

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    brianhayesmusic
    Participant

The time range in “week view” of my calendar is currently “Noon to 8pm.” When I schedule an event for, say, 8 to 10pm, (which occurs often for me) the event doesn’t show up at all in week view, since it is outside the range. Ironically, when accessing my site by IPhone, scrolling is enabled, which allows me to scroll down and see my later events. There seems to be no way to access the later time ranges on a desktop, however. If I had my choice of a static time range, I’d choose 10am to 11pm, since nearly all of my events fit into that time window. Any help is appreciated.

http://www.classicalguitarorlando.com/calendar/week/

George
    Participant

Hey Brian,

First of all, your music is beautiful. I bet that’s not the first time someone’s said that to you 🙂

As for your issues here, would you say that the week view you linked to in your post exemplifies the issues you’re describing? I only ask because there’s an event on Sunday, for example, from 7pm to 9pm on that calendar – outside the “noon to 8pm” date range. Yet, when I went to the link you provided, I was able to scroll down within the calendar and on the web page itself to see that 7pm event.

Is your issue basically that you’re unable to do this, except for on an iPhone? If this is your issue, then I’m curious: what browser and operating system are you using on your desktop when you find the calendar un-scrollable?

If this is not your issue, then I’m sorry for misunderstanding it – can you elaborate on what you’re expecting to happen, and contrast that with what’s actually happening for you? We’ll explore the issue further from there.

Thanks,
    George

brianhayesmusic
    Participant

Hi George, thank you for the compliment on my playing!

I’m definitely unable to scroll on my desktop. I tried everything. Is there supposed to be a scrollbar over to the right? I’m using Internet explorer. When I get home, I will try it in Google Chrome.

My current calendar doesn’t exemplify the problem completely, since I can still see that 7 to 9PM event. I can see when it starts, anyway. I can’t scroll down to the 9 PM row, so I’m not able to view the full scope of the event. Please advise. I’ll be at home within the hour to try it on Google chrome, as well.

brianhayesmusic
    Participant

Not being able to view the full scope of the 7 to 9PM event is what alerted me to the problem. I then scheduled a 10 to 11PM event and was unable to view that at all. I didn’t leave the event up there. Had I done so, possibly my issue might have been made even a little clearer.

brianhayesmusic
    Participant

Oh my gosh, I see the scroll bar now. That thing is about a micrometer wide and the same color as the background. The only way I happened to notice it was that I happened to see the slight disappearance of the thin, white lines that make up the grid to the far right.

I tried using the browser inspector tool to change the color of the scroll bar to something you can see but was unable to find it. Can you provide the CSS for that, by chance? Or maybe even change the dimensions of it as well? Just changing the color would be fine, I think.

brianhayesmusic
    Participant

I just tried this on a 14 year-old student of mine who is a computer wiz and he wasn’t able to see the scroll bar, either. There’s got to be an awful lot of people who are unable to spot this thing.

brianhayesmusic
    Participant

It’s a very minimal problem, really. The calendar is awesome, over all. Just this one thing, I’d like to try and fix, with a little bit of CSS, if possible. Thank you for your help!

George
    Participant

Hey Brian,

Thanks for looking more closely into this – I’m sorry you found it hard to even see the scroll bar, but I understand how that’s possible for sure, it’s pretty faint.

Despite it being faint and whatnot, just to be clear, are you now seeing the scrollbar (and able to use it) even in Internet Explorer? Or is it hard to see in Chrome, and still not even working at all / showing up at all in IE for you? Just wanted to be clear about that detail.

As for customizing the color of the scroll bar, this is a bit tricky. I don’t think the browser support for custom scroll bar CSS is very good, but the following CSS worked for me when I tested it on your site in Firefox on a Mac:

.tribe-events-grid .slimScrollBar {
        opacity: 1.0 !important;
        background: #fff !important;
    }

That CSS makes the scrollbar completely solid, and white – if you add that at the bottom of your theme’s style.css file, it should work for you. Play around with some of those values and see if it helps.

Cheers!
    George

brianhayesmusic
    Participant

Thank you so much, George! It worked like a charm! Thanks to you, my calendar is now a masterpiece! That was the last tweak. I decided to stay with white. White is perfect, making it really easy to see.

Yes, the scroll bar has been working fine all along. The only issue was that I was unable to see it, at first, and others were also unable to.
    Thank you again!

George
    Participant

Hey Brian, no worries, glad I could help. I’ll close up this ticket for now, but if other issues or questions pop up, feel free to open a new ticket and we’ll help you out promptly.

Best of luck with your musical endeavors, you’re a really great player!

Cheers,
    George

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Problems with time range in week view’ is closed to new replies.