Problems with responsive views on mobile

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Problems with responsive views on mobile

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Alyson Evans
    Participant

Hi
    I have a problem with the events calendar mobile view. Just to be clear i have set the settings on events calendar to be on list view but it seems to ignore this.
    I have disabled plugin and had no luck
    I have changed the theme and still the same problem (my theme will not give me support for issues created by events calendar)

please help as these are important issues i need to resolve before the site goes live next week.

3 problems that i am having

1. On the pages where there is a week view the full weekly calendar is displays empty boxes and is squashed and then it shows the default view of lists. how can i remove the weekly calendar on small devices?

2. on monthly calendar the same only the there are boxes in the monthly view.

3. and most important the event information is displayed at the very bottom of the page after related events which makes it very confusing. it should display at the very top.

please help as these are important issues i need to resolve before the site goes live next week.

Geoff B.

Good evening Alyson and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the display issues you are having with the Events Calendar pages.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Just to be clear i have set the settings on events calendar to be on list view but it seems to ignore this.

Could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

Secondly, could you please share a screenshot of your Events -> Settings -> Display screen ?

1. On the pages where there is a week view the full weekly calendar is displays empty boxes and is squashed and then it shows the default view of lists. how can i remove the weekly calendar on small devices?

Would you mind providing me with a couple of actual URLs to look at where the week view is being used ? It does not seem to be available under https://meditateinsouthampton.org.uk/events/

In the meantime, you can redirect all your mobile users to a specific view.
    You could apply one the following snippets in the functions.php file of your theme (without the PHP tag at the top):

1. https://gist.github.com/GeoffEW/dff981933c950aebc3045b827eddc101
    2. https://gist.github.com/GeoffEW/ad2d0879e2daec631074e2e15c0a9852 (try the second one if the first one fails)

2. on monthly calendar the same only the there are boxes in the monthly view.

Could you please provide an URL example of the month view from your site.
    With that in mind, I believe the boxes are coming from the third-party Event Category colors plugin.

You should be able to handle that with CSS I believe.

3. and most important the event information is displayed at the very bottom of the page after related events which makes it very confusing. it should display at the very top.

What is interesting is that the Enfold theme actually contains customizations for the Events Calendar. I am surprised that they are refusing to support interaction with our plugins based on that fact.

In any case, you can actually customize any view to your exact specifications (including where each information is displayed in any view).

You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

Basically, you:

1. Find the file(s) of the view(s) you want to tweak
    2. Download them
    3. Rearrange the displayed elements sequence in the file
    4. Upload your modified file back to the appropriate path in your WordPress theme’s folder (under the  /tribe-events/ folder).

Hang in there!

Geoff B.

Alyson Evans
    Participant

This reply is private.

Alyson Evans
    Participant

note i removed the images and other themes (but not enfold)from the wpcontent folder so that it was not to big to upload to google drive.

Alyson Evans
    Participant

Hi I have not heard from you since 13 of October.
    Is there a problem with the folder link?

I contacted enfold also to see if they can help but they just came back with the below comment.
    I dont really understand. Both Enfold and Events Calendar are supposed to be responsive. Its not like i am asking for customization. What can be causing the problem?

“You are right, we do support them
    And it is also that the way it is designed to work properly with Enfold.

What you can try do, is to create a customization that can change the sequence of the elements on responsive. But that is outside of our scope of support, as we have designed them in a certain way.

it is something that can play a different way, we will do let our developers know if they can work out for a solution on that to make the UX of the layout better.”

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Alyson Evans
    Participant

This reply is private.

Alyson Evans
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Alyson Evans
    Participant

This reply is private.

Alyson Evans
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Alyson Evans
    Participant

Hi Geoff
    Thank you for sorting out the month view that is so much better.
    However the weekly view is the same. On both ipad and iphone the weekly calendar shows blank week. attached are screen shots. one on phone and one on ipad (portrait format) in fact on the ipad the list does not even appear underneath.

is there something i can add to the functions php to stop the weekly view showing in mobile version?

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Alyson Evans
    Participant

Thanks Geoff!!!
    thats great

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Problems with responsive views on mobile’ is closed to new replies.