Problems with migration from v2 to v3

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Problems with migration from v2 to v3

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Bernhard
    Participant

Yes! Thanks Barry! I’ve got all data imported now! Thanks to your thoughts in post #55575 I reconsidered the issue, made a full export and a full import (which was possible after some tweaks in php.ini) and voilà the venues and organizers got names.
    Unfortunately it doubled and tripled most posts, pages and menu-entries (WPML I guess) which I have to clear now one by one or I’ll try another install from scratch, we’ll see.

Anyway I still stick to the point that export/import of venues and organizers is not working as expected. If the current behaviour (loosing all titles) is the only working way you should consider removing it from the export-tab, imo (or add a warning “All your titles will be lost, don’t count on this backup”).

Also I noticed another behaviour which is probably related by the same cause – it will take you less than a minute to verify:
    Create a venue or organizer and trash it, you will see the titles are gone. Restore and see that the title is still gone or rather replaced by “Unnamed …”.

However, thanks a lot to all of you supporting me!

Barry

Hi Bernhard, I’m glad you got everything imported.

Thanks also for your persistence – this is definitely looking like a bug: I can verify the process that happens when a venue is trashed and after looking at the code I believe this may very well be the root of at least some of the other problems you experienced during the import/export process.

I’ll make a bug report for this so the developers can assess it and fix it. Due to our release schedule it may realistically be the case that a couple of releases are made before we can work a fix in – but now we are aware of it I’m sure we can get on top of it.

Thanks again for all your patience and support 🙂

Bernhard
    Participant

Fyi, to complete the “unnamed”-issue:
    as mentioned somewhere above, you will not have “unnamed” venues and organizer if exporting “all” instead of events/venues/organizer in three parts.
    This only applies if you also import this file in one part. If you split the WXR-file because it’s to large for the import, you will have “unnamed” again after the import. Not all but some of them, probably depends on where the WXR-file was cut off and continued in the next one.

Hope this might help to find the root if this problem faster!

Barry

That makes sense – I think we’ve got a good starting point for fixing this and it’s just waiting on further action by the dev team at this point 🙂

Barry

Though it’s been a long time coming I just wanted to drop in a note that we’ve now completed some work that ought to address this one. Thanks for your patience (and if you do hit any further problems with this please don’t hesitate to let us know in a new thread) – thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Problems with migration from v2 to v3’ is closed to new replies.