Problems with Event Tickets in Translation

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Problems with Event Tickets in Translation

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Pascal
    Participant

Hello,

I am using the Events Tickets with the Woocommerce Plugin.
    When I am creating Tickets via the Event Tickets Pro i have the following problems with the system:

1. Changes to tickets I make in 1 language do NOT translate to the other language. So I might delete tickets in 1 language but they are still available in the other.

2. I have added customary Email Text to the Woocommerce plugin (I opened another topic to inquire if it is possible to add that directly into TEC) but that only adds itself to the email in my main language, not the other.
    Even if I add text to that specific ticket, it does not get send out…

Any suggestions on that?

Thank you!

Geoff B.

Good evening Pascal and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

The first thing you should know is that we do not fully support Event Tickets Plus integration with WPML yet: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/wpml-support/

This feature is scheduled to be released later this year. Initially we planned for spring, but there was some pushback.

In the meantime, you could get it to partially work, but this is unsupported.

To achieve that, you will need:

1. WooCommerce multilingual
    2. Some manual intervention

After creating the ticket AND saving the event, head over to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting page.

Once you are there, you should see several cleanup buttons. I would recommend:

1. Clearing WPML cache
    2. Using the button that forces language assignment to items (which is what is creating the issue). This can also be accomplished by deactivating and reactivating WPML.

Your ticket will now magically appear.

The only downside is that the tickets you create in other languages are not really translations of the initial ticket. They are completely independent new tickets.

As per your second question, would you mind expanding on how you added the custom email text exactly ?

Could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Problems with Event Tickets in Translation’ is closed to new replies.