Problem with the translation

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Problem with the translation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ilana Kleinmann
    Participant

Hi,

I used the shortcode [tribe_events] in my event page.

I have problem with the translation of the search section above the calendar and the title above the calendar and the text on the export button.

I tried to find the text in the po file but couldn’t find it.

I have attached screenshots.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Ilana and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the translation not being available to you these specific strings.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

As you probably already know, the current existing translations for Hebrew are not that great.
    You are welcome to contribute to that here: http://translations.theeventscalendar.com/projects

As per your specific issue, please ensure that you are looking at both the Free language files and the Pro language files.

What might be happening is that some of these strings are actually many strings combined.

For example, you will find the word “Export”, “Month” and “events” on their own in the language files, but not “Export month’s events”. Same thing for “Find events” which is broken down in “Find” and “events”.

My suggestion is to reduce your string search to just the first word. This way you will find the appropriate strings to translate (e.g.: “Find %s” – is for “Find events”)

Search, date and events are all visible in the language file.
    Just make sure you do not have any language files for our plugins in place in /wp-content/languages/ (because these would override your changes).

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Ilana Kleinmann
    Participant

Hi,

I found that I need to translate the the events calendar and not the pro.
    Now I missing only the word “IN” in the filter.
    Couldn’t find it.
    Can you tell me the source text?

Please see the attached image.

The label for value: tribe-bar-date.

Question: Why do I need the the event calendar active when I have the event calendar pro active?
    When I disabled the plugin – the event calendar the shortcode tribe_event didn’t work?

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Ilana,

I am super stoked to see that you have managed to translate almost all of the strings.
    Kudos!

The missing string is called “%s in” and it is found in the Events Calendar language files.

Question: Why do I need the the event calendar active when I have the event calendar pro active?
    When I disabled the plugin – the event calendar the shortcode tribe_event didn’t work?

This is a great question. The reason for that is that the Events Calendar Pro is a premium add-on to the free the Events Calendar.

In other words, it extends the Events Calendar, but will not work on its own.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Ilana Kleinmann
    Participant

Hi @Geoff B.,

Thank you.

It fixed the problem.

And thank you for your explanation.

Geoff B.

Hey Ilana,

My pleasure.

I’m glad we were able to tackle everything.

You are welcome back on our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great weekend!

Geoff B.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Problem with the translation’ is closed to new replies.