Problem with the import of an .ics-file

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Problem with the import of an .ics-file

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am trying to set up Event Calendar PRO for my custiomer “friedrich zeitschrift”. They would like to display all their dates from the print issue on their website.

For their print issue they use a tool called “CalDB” to enter/list and then export their events to InDesign. This software can export an XML-file and shows a link to an .ics-file in it’s backend. When I download and reimport this .ics-file to my local calendar it correctly shows all events (more than 1.000 events in that file). When I import it to “Event Calendar PRO” it only shows 6 or 8 events from the file.

Can you help me troubleshoot that? I used another WordPress-calendar-plugin before and it displayed way more events from that file. But our choice is Event Calendar PRO and we bought the pro-version so it would be great to make it work.

I attach the .ics-file below.

Thank you and regards
    Arne / DIE KOMMUNE, web designer

Cliff

Hi.

As long as your .ics file validates (such as with http://severinghaus.org/projects/icv/), it should work fine in Event Aggregator.

I tested your iCal file and I think the issue is that, by default, the import preview only displays upcoming events. You have to put in a past date in the “Date” box to include past events.

For example, I saw you have an event with DTSTART:19700329T020000

It’s unlikely this event is actually in 1970. This is a common problem when using unix timestamps, since zero is equivalent to 1970. I’m just pointing this out in case there’s an issue with the creation of your iCal file’s dates.

Please let me know what you find out and how any additional testing goes for you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Problem with the import of an .ics-file’ is closed to new replies.