Problem with serial events and language

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Problem with serial events and language

• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Sigrun.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sigrun
    Participant

Hello,

recently we asked to be taken into the non profit program. Sadly you declined. Then we went on and purchased the plugin PRO for the purpose to put in the serial events. We now discovered two problems. http://www.sufisardegna.org is our website. (still working on it, so sorry for the mess…)

We bought the PRO for the serial events thing. Sadly it turns out, that is is not working with the polylang plugin as the free version does, therefore I did not know and did not see. And I did not read any of it while purchasing.

The problem: Serial events create special links and do not take the language for e.g. “it/” or “en/” before that link. with normal events no problem. They lead to 404-error pages, as the it/ part is missing. Can you let the link be made, like you do with the not-serial events?

Second: we would like to disable the “view as” option on the page, because it is also NOT supporting the “it/” or “en/” language link addition and lead to broken pages. Or can you fix this problem by letting the suffix be put on?

We really tried everything to get around, but it is just not working.

Best regards
    Roshan from Sufi Sardegna

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Roshan and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the issues you have faced with multiple languages on your website.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

We bought the PRO for the serial events thing. Sadly it turns out, that is is not working with the polylang plugin as the free version does, therefore I did not know and did not see. And I did not read any of it while purchasing.

You are right.

Unfortunately, officially, we do not support polylang (at least not yet).
    For now, our solution of choice for multiple language support is WPML.

You can get a sense of how that works by reading the 3 articles found here: https://theeventscalendar.com/?s=wpml&submit=Search&post_type%5B%5D=tribe-knowledgebase

With that in mind, I believe you are on to something. The issue seems to be coming from the way the permalinks are handled during the event series creation.

For now, the only recommendation I could make would be to see if there is something that can be done about that directly in the polylang settings.

Second: we would like to disable the “view as” option on the page, because it is also NOT supporting the “it/” or “en/” language link addition and lead to broken pages. Or can you fix this problem by letting the suffix be put on?

The easiest way to go about this would be to use some CSS.

Try adding the following CSS rule to your style.css file or in your Custom CSS metabox:

#tribe-bar-form #tribe-bar-views {
    display: none;
    }

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Sigrun
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. For 1.Q I have a workaround. Make the serial events, all of them, then un-serial them again all(!), and I have all events made, but of course cannot change them anymore at once. If only one serial event left over, the events links are broken. But with all un-serialed the events are working fine again with the it/ de/ or en/ link attachments.

but the 2. is still a problem:

#tribe-bar-form #tribe-bar-views {
    display: none;
    }

is helping, but the “rest” of the bar is moved out of sight – at least partially. How can I kill the tribe-bar-views but let the rest of the bar center around the rest of its content and not move out of range?

Best regards
    Roshan from Sufisardegna.org

Sigrun
    Participant

Hi,

found the way to kill the tribe-bar completely. Looks not too bad, but would like to have the search for DATE like in your example, only centered and not partly hidden in the left offsides. So if there is an easy way with the CSS, I would love to hear from you&friends. 🙂

And I have another question (well its coming more and more….) : how can I stop the “Event Categorys” “Event Tags” to show in the details section of a single event? I want to use them to sort privately.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Roshan,

I am glad to hear you are finding workarounds.

To answer your tribe-bar related question, the issue comes from some custom CSS on your site.

.tribe-bar-disabled #tribe-bar-form #tribe-bar-views+.tribe-bar-filters {
    left: auto;
    width: 50%;
    }

So the solution is to review how your custom CSS was done or revert back to ours.
    At the very least, adding the following with help

.tribe-bar-disabled #tribe-bar-form #tribe-bar-views+.tribe-bar-filters {
    left: 50%;
    right: 50%;
    width: 50%;
    }

how can I stop the “Event Categorys” “Event Tags” to show in the details section of a single event? I want to use them to sort privately.

The easiest way to do that would be to remove them from the single event view by using a template override.

Avada is already doing that. You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

So, in short, what you need to do is:

1. Make sure you are using an Avada Child theme
    2. Copy their /tribe-events/ folder over to your child theme
    3. Remove anything you do not want from the single event view

You could also use CSS for that

.single-tribe_events .tribe-events-event-categories, .single-tribe_events .tribe-event-tags {display:none !important}

.single-tribe_events .tribe-events-meta-group-details dl dt+dd+dt+dd+dt+dd+dt {display:none !important}

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Problem with serial events and language’ is closed to new replies.