Problem with recurring events and site wide search

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Problem with recurring events and site wide search

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    johnpokeefe
    Participant

Hi, We have constructed a general purpose arts promotion site using The Events Calendar Pro that accepts ‘events’ (viewed via the calendar or selection from a grid of associated featured images (flyers)) – and Posts (typically press releases or information about training opportunities etc.)

Problem is that when using the standard WP Search Widget, it returns every instance of a relevant recurring event in a list view. Not helpful when an event runs for three weeks!

How can we turn this off so that only the first occasion is shown (+ annotation saying that it repeats)?

Your help would be appreciated.

John GArts

Geoff B.

Good evening John and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about
    I would love to help you with this topic.

I would recommend reading and trying the following as a starting point: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/how-to-only-show-single-future-instance-of-recurring-event-in-wordpress-search/

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Problem with recurring events and site wide search’ is closed to new replies.