Problem with Month View title after upgrade

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Problem with Month View title after upgrade

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Abigail Marshall
    Participant

I have just installed the 4.2 upgrade to a staging site, and I am seeing a problem with the title on the month-view page.

With the upgrade I now see these words in a large, left aligned <h3) title at the top and bottom of the calendar:

Calendar Month Navigation

This is in place of the identifying text that previously appeared with the code:

<h2 class="tribe-events-page-title">

And showed up with text in the format:

Events for Month/Year › Event Category

Abigail Marshall
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

This reply is private.

Abigail Marshall
    Participant

I found the source of the problem.

It’s a change to this file, and will impact some themes.

the-events-calendar/src/views/month/nav.php

At line 19:

<h3 class="screen-reader-text" tabindex="0"><?php esc_html_e( 'Calendar Month Navigation', 'the-events-calendar' ) ?></h3>

The problem is that the CSS in my theme apparently doesn’t have an appropriate specification for the screen-reader-text class — the problem disappears when I switch to TwentyFifteen.

You’ll find information about the required coding for that class here:

Hiding text for screen readers with WordPress Core

I resolved the problem on my installation by adding the required CSS specification to my child theme style.css file

However, I’d recommend that you also add that class to the css for your plugin, at least for pages generated by that template. I am using the Evolve theme (free version) – but I’d assume that other themes might have issues with this class specification.

Hunter

Hey Abigail,

Thank you so much for the informative response 🙂

I’ll make note of your recommendations as I see validity in them. Another good option to make sure it gets in front of the right people would be to add it as an idea to our UserVoice Feature Ideas.

Again, thank you for getting back to me and I’m glad to hear you got everything addressed. I’ll close this thread out but feel free to create a new one if anything else comes up!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Problem with Month View title after upgrade’ is closed to new replies.