Problem with importing events from other TEC site

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Problem with importing events from other TEC site

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    scouterna
    Participant

Hi!

I’m building a site where we want to import events from site A to site B. I’m trying to import an ‘Other URL (beta)’ on site A and enter http://mysite.tld/wp-json/tribe/events/v1/events as the URL to import from. Both of the sites are running The Events Calendar version 4.6.9 and Events Calendar Pro version 4.4.21. When I try to preview the import I get the following error:

There was an error fetching the results from your import: Event Aggregator cannot import events because this site is running an outdated version of The Events Calendar.

I have figured out that this is an error you get when you are running plugin version < 4.5, but how come I get the message when I run 4.6.9?

/Johan

scouterna
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Johan!

Thanks for reaching out to us. Let me help you with that issue.

The error you are getting means that the site you are trying to import events from is using an outdated version of The Events Calendar.

Please try updating that site’s plugin to the latest version and see if the import works for you.

Let me know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

scouterna
    Participant

Victor/

As I said, we are using The Events Calendar version 4.6.9 on both of the sites, which should be the latest one right now?

This is some of the plugins I get when i run wp plugin list
    +———————————–+—————-+——–+———+
    | name | status | update | version |
    | the-events-calendar | active-network | none | 4.6.9 |
    | events-calendar-pro | active-network | none | 4.4.21 |

So I don’t think the version is wrong actually.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

scouterna
    Participant

This reply is private.

scouterna
    Participant

The URL you said to me to test is now working and I can import the events. But my problem now is that I also need to import terms from a custom taxonomy to the events. How can I do that? In the wp-json endpoint I had included the terms as an array of terms that I wanted to be set for the imported post. Is this possible in any way?

Thanks so far!
    /Johan

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Johan!

I’m sorry to hear you are having that error.

Unfortunately, we have experienced some problems with the EA server and caused multiple users to get the Unknown service message error.

It is now fixed and you shouldn’t get the error anymore. Please try it out and let us know if it works on your end.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Best,
    Victor

scouterna
    Participant

I still get the outdated WP version error when I try to import from the json-endpoint. But the link you provided works fine. Anyway, as I said before. I need to import a custom taxonomy aswell. How is this possible?

/Johan

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Problem with importing events from other TEC site’ is closed to new replies.