Problem with ical import and timezones

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Problem with ical import and timezones

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Nico

Hey Anthony,

The first function stops the importer from making a “note” that a particular event has been deleted, and will reimport the event regardless of whether or not it has been deleted. This would not work in my case because the “note” of the deleted events have already been made.

That’s correct, you can add it if you want to prevent future “notes”.

The second is an SQL command (not sure if thats the right word), that I would run on my database that actually removes those “notes” that are made by the iCal importer. I would need to do this in my circumstance because the “note” has already been made.

You are right again! Sorry for assuming that you might be familiarized with SQL. As an alternative you can add this code to the theme’s functions.php file:

/* Deletes 50 posts per page load*/
    $posts = get_posts( array( 'numberposts' => 50, 'post_type' =>'deleted_event') );
    if (!empty($posts)) {
    foreach ($posts as $post) {
    wp_delete_post( $post->ID, true);
    }
    } else {
    //echo 'Done deleting!';
    }

This will delete 50 ‘notes’ per page load. If you are not sure if it’s done you can uncomment the ‘echo’ line to check if the message comes up in the source code.

Please let me know if this solutions seems better for you,
    Best,
    Nico

Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

Nico,

I apologize for this never ending saga. So, when we tried to to the import using this link:

https://office.schoolrush.com/shareCalendariCal.action?schoolId=10012&token=xixume94

We are now only getting “All Day Events.”

Any insight as to why the non-full day events aren’t importing would be most appreciated.

Thank you,
    Anthony

Nico

Hey Anthony,

Don’t worry if this takes a bit long to solve, I’m here to help 🙂

Just downloaded the file and could import the first 60 events without hassle. But I found some troubles trying to import the events directly from the URL, not sure if it’s the encoding in which the server is responding or what… Maybe instead of generating just the data the server could generate the actual file and send it over. Not sure about it, but I can confirm this is working as expected when downloading the file.

Can you please try to import from the downloaded file?

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Problem with ical import and timezones’ is closed to new replies.