Problem with Home Page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Problem with Home Page

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    pandology
    Participant

Ever since i upgraded to the latest version of the plugin, i’m having problems with my home page as the event calendar is interfering with my home, as in the home page is being replaced by a strange page similar to the events calendar, though quite jumbled up.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, pandology. I’m sorry to report that it sounds like you’ve been bit by a bug that shipped in version 3.1 of our plugin.

After updating to The Events Calendar 3.1, some users are finding that including their events in the main blog loop causes their static front page to be overridden. This will be resolved in our forthcoming maintenance release, but for now, please check out this tutorial on how to apply a fix using your theme’s functions.php file: https://theeventscalendar.com/fix-for-static-front-page-being-overridden-when-including-events-in-main-blog-loop/

Please let us know if that does the trick!

pandology
    Participant

hey many thanks for that … it solved the issue on my home page … but the calendar still isn’t showing up as it should http://tal-ostja.com/events/

pandology
    Participant

cancel that … it’s working perfectly! many many thanks

pandology
    Participant

actually, there is an unrelated problem … when importing events from Facebook, the thumbnail image is being imported and not the full size image … you know why that is?

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, pandology. I’m glad to hear your first issue is resolved. That’s great.

As far as the Facebook images go, I haven’t heard reports of incorrect image sizes since in any of our recent versions of the plugin, so that may be something new to us. Would you mind starting a new thread in the Facebook Events Forum so that one of the experts there can help you out with it?

Thanks so much! 🙂

pandology
    Participant

coolio … thanks

Kelly
    Participant

Thanks, pandology. In that case, I’m going to close this thread. Best of luck getting your Facebook import issue resolved! 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Problem with Home Page’ is closed to new replies.