Problem: The import being fetched is not queued up for importing.

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Problem: The import being fetched is not queued up for importing.

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by marmop.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    marmop
    Participant

Hello,

I have tried to start a private topic t solve this problem, but unfortunately am receiving no response, so trying once more but with a public post right now.

We are experiencing a vast array of issues with your event aggregator and are doubting if this is the right fit for our client. The import functionality is what is causing the problems.

For the time being we will have to instruct the client to manually import calendars because the scheduled event import system simply halts after a few successful imports. But even manually importing is running into trouble every now and then.

Please advise on how to resolve this issue and notice that our plugin and wordpress is up to date. We are thinking along the following lines and would like your input. I will send login info in a private message.

1) Debugging and logging enabled generating zero errors.
    2) Let us know if the low php version might be a possible culprit.
    3) Can we revert to an older more stable version?
    4) Yes, automatically share my system information with the Modern Tribe support team is enabled.
    5) Since manual imports most often succeed it can not be not a matter of malformed google links.

Our question is simple; How do we resolve this issue? And is it is not possible; how do we organize a refund of the purchases plugins?

Please contact us with answers and possible solutions through your ticket system

Thank you and Best Regards,
    Marre

marmop
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Marre,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your issue!

I guess this is the other thread you have started: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/the-import-being-fetched-is-not-queued-up-for-importing-3/

It looks like Jaime is taking care of it for you already. You are in good hands with her.

To keep things clean and focused here in the Help Desk I would kindly like to ask you to follow through with your issue in that thread.

And to your more specific questions:

Let us know if the low php version might be a possible culprit.

Since it looks like imports have been running in the past, I don’t think so. However, it would be recommended in general to move to a higher php version if possible.

Can we revert to an older more stable version?

You can roll back to an earlier version of The Events Calendar, which holds the necessary file for Event Aggregator. But that is only part of the package, since Event Aggregator is a service and a big chunk of the work is done on the Event Aggregator server side. Nonetheless, if you will find out with the help of Jaime that there is a bug either on the server side or on the client / plugin side, you can rest assured that we will do our best to fix that bug.

A note on scheduled imports: scheduled imports can fail if they are run too often. If the next scheduled instance starts before the previous one (of the same source) finishes, then this latter will fail. This can happen if there are a lot of events being imported and / or the import runs too often (meaning every 30 or 60 minutes).

And to your last question, we will do our best to help you resolve the issue you are facing. As I see so far it hasn’t been determined where the issue lies, whether it is on our side (plugin or server) or not. If it would come to the question of refund then Jaime will provide you with the proper channel to do so.

With this I will close down this thread and kindly ask you to continue to troubleshoot the issue with Jaime, so that we don’t do double work.

Thanks for your understanding and I do hope we will be able to help you solve this issue.

Cheers,
    Andras

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Problem: The import being fetched is not queued up for importing.’ is closed to new replies.