PROBLEM: Recurring events shows different time (4 hours off)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO PROBLEM: Recurring events shows different time (4 hours off)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jfulton73
    Participant

Help! I’ve set up a recurring event that begins at 7:30 PM EDT, but all subsequent events show 11:30 PM EDT. I’ve deleted, reinstalled the plug-in. I’ve deleted and recreated the events–still no luck. This is a relatively new problem because I’ve had the recurring event appear fine in the past 30-60 days. Something changed recently to cause this. I appreciate any help anyone can give.

Barry

Hi – I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties.

We have occasionally seen this issue and it has almost always been a problem resulting from a conflict with other plugins or with a theme. I did notice that you have already tried out some of our standard troubleshooting steps, though, which is awesome:

YES, I’ve deactivated all other plugins to check for a plugin conflict.
    YES, I’ve reverted to the 2011 default WordPress theme (with other plugins still deactivated) to check for a theme conflict.

Can you confirm what the outcome of this test was – and did it enable you to uncover any conflicts? Though this issue is not limited to conflicts with any single plugin, past experience has highlighted Series Engine as one source of problems – can you confirm if that is active on your site?

Thanks!

jfulton73
    Participant

Barry, thanks for the reply. I do use Series Engine (and need it), but the I’ve used both plugins trouble free for about a year. The event calendar issue is a recent problem that came up.

Barry

Our recurring events implementation recently changed, so perhaps that caused this to surface (ie, at the point when you upgraded to Events Calendar PRO 3.5)?

As Kevin found in this topic Series Engine changes the timezone setting and that seems to be behind this problem. You could potentially follow the steps he described to fix this – but I’m afraid I don’t really recommend it simply because it involves modifying core code.

Right now I’d tend to see this as a bug in Series Engine – WordPress sets the default timezone to UTC and our plugin quite reasonably expects that to remain true, however it is subsequently being modified by Series Engine to something else.

So, ideally, I think the best approach would be to approach the Series Engine authors and ask if they could avoid this sort of setting change.

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘PROBLEM: Recurring events shows different time (4 hours off)’ is closed to new replies.